Tears for fears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tears for fears.

TEARS FOR FEARS came about after the dissolution of their first band, the mod-influenced Graduate.
    they were initially associated with the New Wave synthesiser bands of the early eighties but later branched out into mainstream rock and pop, which led to international chart success.

Their platinum selling debut album, The hurting, reached number one on the UK Album Chart, while their second album, Songs from the Big Chair, reached number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, achieving multi-platinum status in both the UK and the United States.[1] Following the release of their third platinum-selling album, The Seeds of Love (1989), Smith and Orzabal parted company in 1991, though Orzabal retained the Tears for Fears name throughout the remainder of the nineties.

The duo re-formed in 2000, and released an album of new material, Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, in 2004. To date, Tears for Fears have sold over 25 million albums worldwide, including more than 8 million in the U.S.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Tears for fears.

I am unsure (and often am confused about the New Wave bands and who sang what), but i've always liked Tears For Fears' Music! Was Tears For Fears best known song "Everybody Wants To Rule The World". Can any other members confir if Tears For Fears sang this song? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I am unsure (and often am confused about the New Wave bands and who sang what), but i've always liked Tears For Fears' Music! Was Tears For Fears best known song "Everybody Wants To Rule The World". Can any other members confir if Tears For Fears sang this song? Thanks.
      Confirmed it was Tears for Fears.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Spot on. I believe it was a cover of a 1940s German tune though...
        I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

I liked 'shout' and 'mad world'

Comment

'Shout' & 'Head Over Heels' are my TFF favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
              Confirmed it was Tears for Fears.
              Thanks HG, for confirming this. I have known of the song for years but was never certain Tears For fears sang it as there are so many New Wave groups it's easy to be confused quickly with them I find.

I always (and forever will) think of Only Fools and Horses and the Jolly Boy's Outting 1989, when I think of this song or hear it. It truly has stood the test of time I think and is easily as good as anything by other group's of the era like Spandeau Ballet or Duran Duran. Sadly I think as much as they are recognised) groups like Tears For Fears, Ultravox and Haircut 100 etc often are not as given credit for as group's like Spandea Ballet, duran Duran and The Human Leauge etc are.

80sChav
              Last edited by 80sChav; 10-04-2012, 15:30.

Comment

I liked TFT back in the day & still do like them & a lot of other groups of that era.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

indeed it was and a superb song it is.

they have so many cracking songs and up to a few days ago i did not know how good they where.[

QUOTE=80sChav;165182]I am unsure (and often am confused about the New Wave bands and who sang what), but i've always liked Tears For Fears' Music! Was Tears For Fears best known song "Everybody Wants To Rule The World". Can any other members confir if Tears For Fears sang this song? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Mad World was a fine song, nothing else really stands out from them, but Mad World was amazing.

Comment

I think Everbody Wants to Rule the World is a good example of a perfect pop song - but I personally preferred Shout.
                      Both singles got to number 1 in the US, but amazingly they never had a No1 in the UK. And of course, back then the singles chart actually meant something!!!

Comment

the hurting is still one of my favourite albums i often go back to to give a play once every so often

a couple of weeks ago(in the uk )an episode of the police comedy psyche came on tv and it had singer curt smith doing a cameo appearance singing a few TFF songs

Comment

the hurting is definitely one of the strongest debut albums i can remember

Comment

Head Over Heels was my favourite of theirs, quite a fun video too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0mRpzdAT4

Comment

this is ny fav my favourite mate.
                              although listening to a few of there other songs they are real good as well shout being one of them.

Originally posted by matt1968 View Post
                              I think Everbody Wants to Rule the World is a good example of a perfect pop song - but I personally preferred Shout.
                              Both singles got to number 1 in the US, but amazingly they never had a No1 in the UK. And of course, back then the singles chart actually meant something!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X