Flared trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flared trousers

OK, own up: who here has ever worn them whether it be in the 70's or as a dare or a theme for a fancy dress party?

Re: Flared trousers

I had 'em as a kid and hated them.

Comment

I was lucky to be born around the time they were going out of fashion, & by the time they had a revival I wasn't enough of a fashion victim to buy any.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I've worn them for a party. Put a slit up the legs of some old jeans and sewed in a bit of psychadelic material to make flares. They didn't turn out that well though.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Used to wear them casually, mainly jeans. Back in the mid 90s the only way to get a decent pair was to buy the womens flared jeans or hunt out a good retro shop stocking brand new versions...finally Top Man started selling them and I went all out...around 2009 I got slowly sick of em. Probably had a lot to do with breaking up with my cow of an ex and wanting a whole new look - I looked on it like Dr Who regenerating...still have a few pairs I wear as 'home clothes'.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I was lucky to be born around the time they were going out of fashion
            Me too,
            Definitely seems to be a lucky escape there.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
              - I looked on it like Dr Who regenerating...
              I say I'm doing this too after life crises. I seem to have a regeneration every 3-5 years on average.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Lucky me,never had the misfortune to wear the really flared out trousers althow I have faded memories of wearing trousers that may of had a slight flare in the very early 70's when I was taken out somewhere.Possibly the wedding of some of my relatives.Certainly not true bell bottoms with the cut in piece from the knees down,lol.Shorts were the order of the day when I was a wee rascal.By the time I was leaving primary and into secondary straights were in as well as tight fit trousers.Later baggies.

Comment

The most memorable were the 'gold' flared cords I wore to my brother's christening in 1972 (I was 10).... with the high (three button) waist band. With my white jumper and socks, I thought I looked the business!

Comment

There's a few photo's in mum's album of my brothers wearing them.
                    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                      There's a few photo's in mum's album of my brothers wearing them.
                      I too have a photo somewhere.................... will do a little search

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                        The most memorable were the 'gold' flared cords I wore to my brother's christening in 1972 (I was 10).... with the high (three button) waist band. With my white jumper and socks, I thought I looked the business!
                        wow that sounds real cool.

flared trousers where something i always wanted to wear.

what other colour/colours
                        flared trousers had you mate.

have u kept them.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I was lucky to be around when all manifestations were there.
                          Levis split below the knee and another piece of material sewn in.
                          Loons
                          26" Baggies (flares from the waist as opposed to the knee)
                          All of them the epitome of fashion and due for a recycle.

Comment

I recall all manner of things being done to jeans! Unbelievably tight on the hips and mega flared at the bottom.

Comment

I also escaped the era of flares as popular wear but there was one boy in high school who began first year (in '87) with a pair and was bullied relentlessly for it. I think he came from quite a poor family so they were probably hand-me-downs. Poor thing.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X