Homework Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homework Diaries

Did any other members have these at School? At my first, Secondary we did'nt (though that's in essencebecause it was a poor School I think), but at my 2nd one we did.

My Form Tutor was just so happy to please ... he'd sign it regardless - as long as an effort looked like it'd be made to complete said homework task's. though i can understand why they were needed and are good in another way I can not too.

80sChav

Re: Homework Diary's

When I started secondary school, homework diaries were insisted upon. But by the end of the first year, no one bothered anymore.

Comment

I can still those hated little green books we had at Grammar school now. Wish I could remember burning it.

Comment

we didn't have homework diaries..............am gutted :cry:

Comment

I remember we had a binder with various things related to school, including diary sheets that always seemed to be in short supply when something important needed to be written down.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hated them, never enough space in the days of the week sections to put details of 'homework' in...'Get your homework diaries out' the teacher would say....zzzz Very glad I'm older now....ha ha!

Comment

I recall them being a massive annyance indeed. As sf1378 said there was never enough space to put details in. I think a lo of the time i'd right un-related stuff to trhe specific task - as the Teachers gave confusing specific details or just right it in my own version of "shorthand" and hope that'd see my right as it more often than not did!

Regards Homework Diary's, I don't know if any other members can recall Series 10 of Grange Hill from 1987, but Homework Diary's were brought into Grange Hill that Series for the first time to my knowledge. Until I re-watched the re-runs in the 1990s, i'd never of envisaged Homework Diary's were thought of so far back in time (which really would be 1986 it was filmed and may-be thescripts thought of in 1984/85! Yet another Pioneering thing GH is responsible for I think may-be!

Comment

We never had one.
                Heather

Comment

My bother had something similar when he started secondary school in 1987, known as a logbook.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

yes i remember them in G .H.

YES g h responsible for many things.

im sure we had them when i was in school

we had them in primary school i know that.
                    im not 100 per cent but i think i started in 78 and i can remember going through them to see what homework id had to do.
                    remember it well as i had to see blockbusters.

Originally posted by 80sChav;166
                    I recall them being a massive annyance indeed. As sf1378 said there was never enough space to put details in. I think a lo of the time i'd right un-related stuff to trhe specific task - as the Teachers gave confusing specific details or just right it in my own version of "shorthand" and hope that'd see my right as it more often than not did!

Regards Homework Diary's, I don't know if any other members can recall Series 10 of Grange Hill from 1987, but Homework Diary's were brought into Grange Hill that Series for the first time to my knowledge. Until I re-watched the re-runs in the 1990s, i'd never of envisaged Homework Diary's were thought of so far back in time (which really would be 1986 it was filmed and may-be thescripts thought of in 1984/85! Yet another Pioneering thing GH is responsible for I think may-be!
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We never had Homework Diary's in Primary School Darren, though I hardly got any Homework as far as that goes from Primary School. It was more like Projetcs, no Maths, Science etc (not as I recall it as a subject though).

Your Primary School must of been one of the first to bring in Homework Diary's - it's really novel thinking about it for me years later I think, I just so like thinking what was what when and when ideas began to occur etc. It's like thinking I knew so and so had happend, but it has a unusual sort of thought to it for me when remeniscing (that I can never pinpoint as a date etc sometimes) for thing's in some way's as so.

80sChav
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 25-04-2012, 21:20.

Comment

We had them in first year comprehensive, I can't remember them again after that, I think they were used to get you used to being responsible and doing your homework on time.
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

We rarely had homework apart from reading and spellings when I was at Primary school. At the Girls Grammar I went to we didn't have a homework diary but we had homework in each subject each week and were expected to have completed it for the next lesson with no excuses.
                          "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

yes looking back my primary school must have been one of the first to have a diary.

we had homework near every day from what i remember.

i can remember flicking through the diary to see what i had to do.
                            i did not have a diary at any other school.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                            We never had Homework Diary's in Primary School Darren, though I hardly got any Homework as far as that goes from Primary School. It was more like Projetcs, no Maths, Science etc (not as I recall it as a subject though).

Your Primary School must of been one of the first to bring in Homework Diary's - it's really novel thinking about it for me years later I think, I just so like thinking what was what when and when ideas began to occur etc. It's like thinking I knew so and so had happend, but it has a unusual sort of thought to it for me when remeniscing (that I can never pinpoint as a date etc sometimes) for thing's in some way's as so.

80sChav
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Homework Diaries

I have just recallred, at my 2nd Secondary too when we had Homework Diary's, our Diary's were supoposed to be used to corresponde with Home too and for the Form Tutor's and Home to say Homework had been done, though this very much did not happen regards my Form Teacher signing it!

He used to leave them about 4 week's or so to ask us to show them him and even then he'd take a quick look and sign away happily with his trademark signiture and not a care in the world (as he was such an happy go lucky kind of chap, where nothing much botherd him). Though how he got be a Form Tutor let alone teach Science baffles me still to this day as he never lost his rag or anything regards our work at all or us in general!

Comment

Working...
                              X