Electronic bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic bike

What was the name of the white electronic bike that came out in the 80's ? Was it something like Vektar or similiar ? I can remember it being promoted quite a bit in a Fleetway comic when it 1st came out. May have been Nipper comic but not too sure.

Re: Electronic bike

I remember the first issue of Hoot! (I still have my copy somewhere) had a competition with Vektars as the main prize, though this was a DC Thomson comic.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That's it I I'm totally wrong. It was Hoot ! As soon as I put Nipper I thought I was wrong. But then thought it was Nutty. I'd forgot all about Hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by steve242526 View Post
        What was the name of the white electronic bike that came out in the 80's ? Was it something like Vektar or similiar ? I can remember it being promoted quite a bit in a Fleetway comic when it 1st came out. May have been Nipper comic but not too sure.
        Yes, it was the Raleigh Vektar - basically a Burner with a load of electronics and white plastic bolted on.

Link HERE.

Raleigh also did the Raleigh Sensor, which was a racer with a built in digital speedo (I had a Sensor in the late 80's/early 90's).

Cheers,
        Fnnthedude.
        Last edited by Finnthedude; 25-04-2012, 19:49.

Comment

I wanted one soooo badly when they came out,
          I think it had sound effects & possibly a radio.

Comment

Working...
          X