Ocarina of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocarina of time.

Zelda orarina of time was released in europe/uk on the 11th of december 1998.
    It was the first zelda title released on the N64 and its the 5th in the series.
    and was one of the most highly anticipated games of its age.

It is also listed by numerous websites and magazines among the greatest video games ever created.
    Released in the u.s on the 23rd of the 11th 1998.
    it was the first game in the Legend of Zelda series that was visually displayed in 3D previous games of the series had a front or top-down view.

In addition, G4 television declared it "the number 1 game of all time.
    as well as Nintendo Power. Ocarina of Time is listed in Guinness World Records - Gamer's Edition 2008, as the highest ranked game of all time.
    In the 2010 Gamer's Edition, Ocarina of Time was updated as "the most critically acclaimed game of all time.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Ocarina of time.

Awesome, awesome game that mate. I never played Ocarina through myself until 2004 but I certainly remember the hype that surrounded its release at the end of 1998. I remember my mate getting it that Christmas, definitely one of the biggest Christmas releases ever. Happy memories indeed, I think the late 90's were my favourite gaming years and while I really enjoyed Twilight Princess many years later, Ocarina just retains that extra bit of retro Zelda gaming magic.

What about that awesome soundtrack too , Zelda's lullaby music is both beautiful and sad at the same time and really reminds me of those old gaming days. How can a mention not go to the game's final encounter, one of the greatest end boss battles ever. Cheers for bringing back the memories Darren!

Comment

hi mate.
      i was happy to bring you back such memories.

i remember just before it came out in my local video game shop they showed clips of the game on these two big screens its what they show you when you turn the game on.
      i just stood there in amazement.

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
      Awesome, awesome game that mate. I never played Ocarina through myself until 2004 but I certainly remember the hype that surrounded its release at the end of 1998. I remember my mate getting it that Christmas, definitely one of the biggest Christmas releases ever. Happy memories indeed, I think the late 90's were my favourite gaming years and while I really enjoyed Twilight Princess many years later, Ocarina just retains that extra bit of retro Zelda gaming magic.

What about that awesome soundtrack too , Zelda's lullaby music is both beautiful and sad at the same time and really reminds me of those old gaming days. How can a mention not go to the game's final encounter, one of the greatest end boss battles ever. Cheers for bringing back the memories Darren!

Comment

check this link its in 2 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1NBnq35xY
        http://youtu.be/v-P5NYevXeI

http://youtu.be/VHYP2Ikw0oI

Comment

I've been playing this on 3DS, still a brilliant game. Majora's Mask was sweet too, although it was a lot darker than OoT.

Comment

Just remembered one of my favourite moments from ocarina, happens when Ganondorf pretty much takes over Hyrule. It's that one moment in particular when you make your way through the town leading up to the castle and the place is completely devoid of any life, the wind howls and the bleakness is just unreal. Then you reach the castle only for Ganon's Tower to be standing in its place with that fiery lava pit underneath. Still sticks in the memory, one of the most atmospheric moments in gaming.

Memory is a bit rusty here but I'm sure you couldn't just walk into the tower first time, didn't you need to find a shield or something in order for a bridge to then appear?

Comment

when you reach ganons tower as adult link rge six sages make a bridge across to his tower from where you stand.

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
              Just remembered one of my favourite moments from ocarina, happens when Ganondorf pretty much takes over Hyrule. It's that one moment in particular when you make your way through the town leading up to the castle and the place is completely devoid of any life, the wind howls and the bleakness is just unreal. Then you reach the castle only for Ganon's Tower to be standing in its place with that fiery lava pit underneath. Still sticks in the memory, one of the most atmospheric moments in gaming.

Memory is a bit rusty here but I'm sure you couldn't just walk into the tower first time, didn't you need to find a shield or something in order for a bridge to then appear?

Comment

Ah yeah, how could I forget the sages? There was an awesome little easter egg of sorts in Zelda: The Windwaker when you go into one of the lower rooms of the sunken Hyrule Castle. There are several stained glass windows down there but if you check them a little closer you will see that each one contains an image of each of the sages from Ocarina of Time. It's a really nice little nod to Ocarina and yet another unique Zelda moment.

Comment

here is another billiant clip fom oot.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY2ABI_6FLA

Comment

Working...
                  X