T V Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T V Programme

WHAT WAS THAT PROGRAMME CALLED WITH DIANA DORRS AND AUTHUR MULLARD ( DID,NT THEY SHARE A CARAVAN )

Arthur Mullard bit of aa legend, was that the series with Mike Reid too?

Comment

PASS ON THAT WITH MIKE REID,I,M SURE ARTHUR AND DIANNA LIVED IN CARAVAN

Comment

Looked for a series with Diana Dors, but nothing, only a series Arthur did called 'us my Dear' that was the one with Mike Reid, where Arthur Mullards character Wally and his wife Lily(Queenie Watts) had moved out of their caravan into a council house. The series introduced a new character, Wally's brother Benny, the first acting role for future EastEnders and Snatch star Mike Reid.

Comment

Romany Jones was the name of the series. I can't believe someone remembers it! I used to watch it when I was about 5. But it wasn't Diana Dors. I can't remember the name of the actress but Arthur Mullard also ended up dueting with her in some godawful song on Top Of the Poos.

Comment

Karen - The woman was Hilda Baker, and she and Arthur Mullard had a really auful one hit wonder with 'You're the one that I want' (the song from Grease)

Comment

Yep i recall that, they were on Top of the pops too.

Comment

Oops! Meant Top of the Pops not Top of the Poos. Although I think Top of the Poos may be more accurate in this instance! lol.

Thanks for that, Imposter. The name of the actress and the song was bugging me. I was about to do a Google search to find it. Cheers!

And yes, Oggy. Arthur Mullard was a bit of a legend. What a geezer if ever there was one!

But my gosh. Weren't he and Hilda awful on TOTP? I saw a clip of it recently on one of those "Top 50 Crappiest Performances Ever" programs they keep repeating. I nearly brought up my dinner.

Comment

Re: T V Programme

Might it be "Queenie's Caslte" in which Lynne Perie aka Ivy Tilsley also appeared??

Comment

Originally posted by Rapanui View Post
                    Might it be "Queenie's Caslte" in which Lynne Perie aka Ivy Tilsley also appeared??
                    Sounds like Queenie's Castleto me too...... blimey that's a bit of Nostaglia!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just been Google re Diana Dors, looked at some pics: - what a babe when she was younger !! Hubba Hubba

Comment

I also vaguely remember a TV programme called:-
                        Up the Elephant and Round the Castle

Anyone remember that one?
                        sigpic

Comment

"Yus My Dear" was a spin-off from a series called "Romany Jones", which starred James Beck from "Dad's Army" and had a caravan setting.

"Up the Elephant..." starred Jim Davidson as Jim London, who was basically Jim Davidson, and it had a spin-off called "Home, James", where Jim was a chauffeur.

Comment

I use to love Romany jones as a kid, they lived in a caravan and there was always something saucy or naughty going on which of course queenie watts was always foiling its now on DVD.

Comment

Working...
                            X