My parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents

Hello all, It is my first post I want your thoughts on this: Do you feel that because your parents may have supported you when you were younger, that you "owe" it to them to support them now? (Pay the bills they run up etc, just because they did it for you when you were younger and unable to work) Thanks.
    Last edited by Morutea; 01-11-2006, 01:55.

I like to help out my mom and dad, they were always there for me when I needed them, not so much in money as in help, decorating etc too.

Comment

Both of mine are well, thank God & comfortably off. If, Heaven forbid, that changed I'd gladly help out as I know it's a cliché but I do owe them and not just financially.
      For a while I lived at home while working, they wouldn't take rent or upkeep from me but I insisted in bringing something home - anything from sausages, swets, cakes, newspapers, etc - every evening.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

My nan brought me up after raising four of her own children, three of which she was left with when Grandad died of a lung condition contracted during the WWII when he was gassed. I tried hard to provide NAn with little luxuries every week once I started working..... half pound of real butter or a jar of Nescafe instead of Camp coffee... the things she loved but just could not afford. once she got wise to this and forbade me from doing it again.... she was a proud woman.... I resorted to making her hampers for her birthday, xmas and Easter. She couldnt get round this. This year on the 26th of November it will be twenty years exactly since i lost her and I would give my entire years wgaes and more to be able to have one more day with her. Your parents/ Grand-parents deserve your respect and support.
        sigpic
        Mrs Oggy
        ~~~*~~~*~~~
        Count your friends amongst the stars....
        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Emotional, and very thoughtful Momma.

Parents/ Grand-parents are special, not until they'r e gone you then realise how much thye mean to you. I'm adopted if it wasn't for my mom and dad where would I be now, they're always there for me and my kids, all of them. Memories too are very precious, special, but the sad thing is they eventually fade, but not the feeling inside. My nan died a few years ago now and I still miss her, as I do my grandad, he was like a father/dad to me, as was also my step dad/Pops, god bless all in the big party of happiness called heaven.

Comment

Mums, Dads & Grandparents

Wow Momma M, that brought a tear to my eye. What lovely words.

I lost my darling Mum 2 years ago - she was only 58. A short time before she left us, she told me she was worried how my Dad would cope alone and I promised her that I would always, always be there for him.

He doesn't need 'looking after' - he's 63 and full of life and energy and is very self-sufficient - but I will honour my promise to Mum. Not that it's a chore. I love him very much and he and Mum were always there for my sis and I, even when we were ungrateful selfish little ****s in our teenage years.

Momma, you said it all when you said you'd give an entire year's wages just for one more day with your Nan. That is how I feel about my Mum. To all reading this - it is a cliche, but you really do not appreciate your parent(s) until they are gone and I would give ANYTHING to have my Mum back again.

Oggy, you made me smile when you said all our lost loved ones are all in the big party of happiness called heaven. What a lovely thought!

Comment

Smee, you gotta think that when people die theres something wonderrful and happy, beyond, and fun, my nan and Pop's, etc would so love a party, but imagine a kareoke party.......? Elvis, John Lennon, Buddy Holly, definetly a whole lot of shaking would be going on.

Comment

Karaoke in Heaven!

Wow Oggy, what an idea! How about our ideas for the ultimate Heaven Band???

Mine might be somthing like this.....

On drums - John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
                On lead guitar - Jimi Hendrix (who else???)
                On second guitar - Rory Gallagher (Taste)
                On vocals - Freddie Mercury (Queen)
                On keyboard - Ray Charles
                On bass - John Entwistle (The Who)

Whaddaya think???

Comment

Im a bit concerned that you have no room for any member of a FLOCK OF SEAGULLS should they keel over in the near distant future!!

Comment

Flock of Seagulls were one of my fave bands, loved the lead singers haircut too.

Yep fantasy band lineup.I sense a thread?

Comment

Oh wow this deserves a thread of its own!

Originally posted by Smee_1972
                      Wow Oggy, what an idea! How about our ideas for the ultimate Heaven Band???

Mine might be somthing like this.....

On drums - John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
                      On lead guitar - Jimi Hendrix (who else???)
                      On second guitar - Rory Gallagher (Taste)
                      On vocals - Freddie Mercury (Queen)
                      On keyboard - Ray Charles
                      On bass - John Entwistle (The Who)

Whaddaya think???

Yeah! Get that thread started then Smee
                      sigpic
                      Mrs Oggy
                      ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

:cry: hi guys
                        i too lost my mum about three years ago , but what was really heartbreaking was the fact that i never had a chance to say goodbye as she was on hoilday at the time .
                        The one thing she ever wanted was a grand child of her own , and six months before she died she was gifted with one , i still think to this day that she only waited to make sure that my little girl was ok in the world and then she could go .

With the idea of the group the vocalist HAS to be freddie mercury as mum absolutley adored him and so would whole heartedly agree .

She was 64 when she died , but will be with me forever :cry:

Comment

A little of both themes on this thread - what music do/did your parents like ?
                          Me dad likes Makem & Clancy and the Dubliners ( Irish folk groups ) while both my folks like Roger Whittaker, Abba, Simon & Garfunkel, the Seekers. They have the same ear for a decent tune as I do.
                          Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Mother was a Joan Baez fan who also loves Meatloaf
                            Father was an Elvis fan
                            sigpic
                            Mrs Oggy
                            ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Hi guys..

Interesting and thought proking post..I lost my dad when he was 42 in a Coal Mining Accident here in Fife as he was a miner, I was 2 at the time..My Mum died 12 years back of a terminal Illness but at least I had her here for a while, cause she was ill my amazing Granny brought me up, even though she was a lady in her 70's at the time..She was a typical Scottish Granny, believed in Family values and, I like to think, brought me up well and treated me brilliantly..I miss them all very much, especially the older I get (im 38 now) and its only when people are gone you realise just how much they shaped your life and how much they sacrificed for you..Id do anything to see them again, and hopefully, when it comes my time I will..;0)...

Im lucky though in that I have great friends who treat me like family and I have my two lovely wee daughters Kayleigh and Lily and I still have a fantastic older sister, Mary who I love dearly...Please never forget how much your mum and dad love you as you cant tell them when they arent here and god knows there will be times you want too!!!! lol...

peace and love to all...

Rab ;0)

Fife
                              Scotland...

Comment

Working...
                              X