Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - who remembers them !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned's Atomic Dustbin - who remembers them !!!

Waht a great band ! Around the time if an influx of pre grunge really - Neds, The Wonderstuff, Jesus Jones, Pop Will Eat Itself, Gaye Bykers on Acid ... sighhhhh happy days spent in Kilburn watching these bands and then a dirty doner on the way home !

Neds in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1i0_oeZYw
    When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Re: Ned's Atomic Dustbin - who remembers them !!!

Had a friend who was totally mad about the Neds and Carter USM, I wasn't that keen but didn't mind listening to them. I didn't mind Jesus Jones but around this time was starting to listen to the likes of Faith No More.

Comment

And judging by your picture the might Sisters Of Mercy ! Floodland what a great album.... infact may well have to dig that out tonight !
      When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenKeyne View Post
        And judging by your picture the might Sisters Of Mercy ! Floodland what a great album.... infact may well have to dig that out tonight !
        It's a shame there are only 3 studio albums, First and Last and Always is my personal favourite. Thank goodness for all the bootlegs and youtube!!

Comment

the neds are supporting carter usm at brixton 02 in november .the first night opening act is another long lost band cud

Comment

It's funny the things you remember but it's funny the things you forget too. I saw Ned's Atomic Dustbin in Manchester but can't remember a single thing about it. I do remember my mate wearing trousers so tight they looked as if they'd been painted on because I laughed at them all through the gig.

Comment

Can only recall a few things about them..
              The Kill your Television single
              The fact they were named after a Goons sketch
              Rod from Eastenders wearing the tee shirt

Liked a lot of the Stourbridge scene, but not the Neds.. too studenty

Comment

a bit of info i found.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin quickly gathered a strong fanbase after being offered a support slot by local heroes The winder stuffon the 1989 and 1990 uk tours. During 1990 neds atomic dustbinsigned with Birmingham based indie label Chapter 22 Records for theirdebut release, The Ingredients EP followed by a single Kill Your Television:they reached number 92 and number 53 in the UK Singles Chart respectively. Significantly Kill Your Television also topped the UK IndependentSingles chart. This combined with their feted live reputation, drew ahuge crowd to Ned's afternoon appearance on the Main Stage of The Reading Festivalin August 1990.the buzz created was big enough to catalyse theinterest of major record labels. One final single for Chapter 22followed, Until You Find Out, but distribution problems meantthat many fans were left unable to purchase copies, thus stunting itschart progress. It eventually stalled at number51. Frustrated, the bandfinally decided to sign to Sony Records, on the proviso that they beallowed to release there music through their own Furtive label thusregaining a higher degree of creative control while still enjoying thebenefit of the major labels distribution and advertising clout.
                Last edited by darren; 04-06-2012, 01:26.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                X