Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early children's space adventure books - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early children's space adventure books - help!

This is a long shot I know, but does anyone else remember some space-themed reading books from school days? I'm talking early 70's, but the books may well have dated from several years before that. I have very faint memories of the cover art being striking if rather juvenile - almost but not quite as basic as Bleep and Booster and depicting things like a kid in a spacesuit, a 2001-style wheel space station, a classic flying saucer and such like. There were several books in the series, each with a different colour cover. I've been Googling for a while trying to find some clues but so far drawn a blank. I'd love to find a copy again. Can anyone help me out please?

Re: Early children's space adventure books - help!

I drew a blank asking about this here, but when I posed the same query over on the Amazon forums, some kind chap came up with the answer to set my mind at rest that I hadn't dreamt this.

The book series I was thinking of was 'Kemlo and the Space Lanes/Space Men/Crazy Planet/Star Men etc' by E.C. Elliott and the books were written between 1954 and 1963 (but were still in school libraries in the 70's).

Off to eBay now to see if I can get one at a reasonable price!

Comment

Re: Early children's space adventure books - help!

Glad you found them
      Heather

Comment

Working...
      X