Book about a girl who buys bags of sweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book about a girl who buys bags of sweets

Anyone remember a book about a little girl who buys different coloured sweets. I found a link to the book I am looking for but cannot find anything about the actual book itself and didnt think it was by Enid Blyton? Can anyone enlighten me spent ages looking it up.
    Greedy Girl Buys Too Many Sweets
    I would love to track down a copy of a book I read during the late 70's, early 80's, about a little girl who I think finds/is given some money belonging to another girl, but keeps it to herself. I think it was a 'shiny silver sixpence', but it could easily have been a five-pence piece...she goes to the sweet shop and buys huge bags of pink, green and yellow sweets and then won't share them with any of the other children...she makes herself quite ill as a result and vows to repay the money and always share her sweets in future...think it was quite a short story. Thanks in advance for any help. - Lucy
    SOLVED: Short story by Enid Blyton
    POSTED: Wednesday June 18, 2003

Re: Book about a girl who buys bags of sweets

I think this was called 'the girl who found sixpence' and was indeed by Enid Blyton

It also features in a books called Tiny Tales and Tales after Tea

synopsis

Jeannie finds a shining sixpence on the ground on her way back from the shops, but remembers her mother always said things found on the street must already belong to someone, and that she should try and give it back. Jeannie thinks that's an awful bother so hurries home and then goes and spends the money on lots of sweets. The sweets give her a stomach ache and has to miss a birthday party the next day.
    Heather

Comment

Huggie thank you IT IS the book! will have a look and see if I can get it on Ebay - why on earth I sold all my things as a child is beyond me when I am buying them back now!!!!

Comment

Nice one. Enid Blyton was my Favourite author as a child.
        Heather

Comment

Working...
        X