The police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The police

The police were an English rock band formed in London in 1977.
    For the vast majority of their history, the band consisted of Sting lead vocals bass, Andy summers guitars and Stewart Copeland drums.
    The Police became globally popular in the late 70s and are generally regarded as one of the first New Wave groups to achieve mainstream success, playing a style of rock that was influenced by punk, reggae, and jazz.
    There 1983 album, Synchronicity was a number one on both the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 2000.
    And sold over 8,000,000 copies in the USA. The group disbanded in 86, but reunited in early 07 for a one off world tour lasting until August 08.
    The Police have sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, and were the world's highest-earning musicians in 2008, thanks to their reunion tour.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: The police

love the Police............still listening to them today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

Comment

I like them, not one of my favourite groups, but 'Walking On The moon' is my ringtone.

Comment

I like the earlier punky stuff. Not keen on the later soppy stuff.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Wasn't into them at the time, but in subsequent years I came to appreciate their music.

Comment

Walking on the Moons very good. But I don't like 'Sting' he's become really pretentious with his solo stuff and all that tantric sex with Trudi Styler and their antics at being nasty to their employees put me right off them...lol. Mind you, he was funny on The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer years back...

Comment

i love there soppy stuff.
              i love those sort of songs.

Originally posted by branny View Post
              I like the earlier punky stuff. Not keen on the later soppy stuff.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Weird, just turned on the radio while reading this thread and Spirits In The Material World was playing.

sigpic

Comment

couple of my favorites

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X