mcHaggis comic strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHaggis comic strip?

I've just been searching for a comic strip that I thought would be really easy to find but I can't find any reference to it, so now i'm starting to doubt my memory! I thought it was called the McHaggises and featured a tribe of haggis creatures, i think one was tartan, one was shaped like bagpipes perhaps. They might have been part of another strip I guess. I think they were in one of the popular comics such as Beano or Dandy. We're talking early 80s. Does it ring a bell for anyone?

Re: mcHaggis comic strip?

There were in McTickles in The Beano in the 1970s-80s, & in the Comic Library books for a time afterwards.

They sound a lot like the strip you are looking for.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember the McTickles and the Beano Comic Library books. I had quite a collection. One line I always remember from the McTickles was someone(maybe the clan chieftain) shouting 'send for the Polis!' and a Policeman called 'Dashing White Sergeant' appearing on the scene in a baker's uniform! ('He work's part time in the bakery') It's funny how I remember such things

Comment

Ah yes that's the one thanks! Funny I only remembered the McHaggises and not the main characters at all!

Comment

Working...
        X