Help With a ZX Spectrum Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With a ZX Spectrum Game

I once played a game in WH Smiths that was on the ZX Spectrum in the early 80s. I remember that in part of the game you had to choose one of 3 doors to open. Which-ever door I chose, it seemed to be the wrong one. Can anyone remember which game this might have been? Not sure if it was The Rocky Horror Show or if this was just on display along side my game at the time. Thanks.

Re: Help With a ZX Spectrum Game

Hi Jason,
    sorry that game doesn't ring any bells for me I'm afraid.

You're probably already aware but youtube generally has lots of footage of old 8bits games and often even entire walkthrus. Here's Rocky Horror on the spectrum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHsHR7NYxk8

Might at least be able to eliminate it from your search by having a look.

BTW, Knightmare, Enigma Force, Gems of Stradus and Labyrinth (movie) were games I remembered that involved going thru a lot of doors, round mazes etc. Might be one of them.

Comment

Thx for the reply, will take a look at the Rocky Horror show footage.

Comment

Can you remember what context or viewpoint the game was? Or maybe the style or setting?

Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like "Bank Panic", sometimes called "West Bank" which was released on a number of formats, not just home computers. There is a screenshot of the Spectrum similar version HERE.

Cheers,
          Finnthedude.

Comment

attic attack?
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

It could possibly be the Spectrum version of the arcade laserdisc game "Dragon's Lair".
              I remember it having a scene like the one stated above.

Comment

It has already been mentioned,but the first thing to come to my mind was also Atic-atak.What a great game that was.Another one where doors were a prominant feature was Avalon.Get the wrong one and well.............you ended up in a heap of trouble or going up or down a type of tunnel thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                  It could possibly be the Spectrum version of the arcade laserdisc game "Dragon's Lair".
                  I remember it having a scene like the one stated above.
                  There was a spectrum version of Dragon's Lair????!!!

Comment

Just found it on youtube:

Not actually as bad-looking as I thought it would be ... (sorry to hijack the thread a bit)

Comment

i still play on these classics speccy games on my ds with and emulator i downloaded bring back manic miner on ps3 and xbox lol
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I've tried many emulators on my PC and have to admit to them being as annoying as the real spectrum back in the day.Both seem temperamental if the game will load or not.With the pc if the emulator will still be working a few weeks after download or purchase is another thing,most seem to stop working after a week or so.Still got past the stage of trying to replay some old speccie games now.Slow and very clunky but great back in the day.It's certainly and area where I feel technology has done pretty well by moving on.Think I will consign the old games to memory where they should stay.

Comment

Working...
                        X