Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Film you ever saw

Whats your first film you ever saw?

Mine was Thunderbird 6, remember my dad taking me to see it, upstairs in the local flea pit cinema, The Capitol, long gone now, a bingo hall, and mosque as it is now. The train line ran right next to the cinema, everytime a train went past the cinema shook, funny at times. On a saturday afternoon they had Saturday Cinema Club for us kids, carttons, ice cream, sweets and Childrens Film Foundation films, can you think of the titles, I'd go with a gang of kids/mates for no adults fun, had my first snog there too.

the first film i remember seeing was either escape from witch mountain or a herbie film.

Comment

Dougal and the Blue Cat - movie version of the Magic Roundabout. It was during my first year at school - I remember telling the class about it - so it would have been 1971. The scene I remember is that Dougal was disguised, and Buxton, the Blue Cat, locked him in a roomful of sugar, with the idea that Dougal wouldn't be able to resist eating some, and giving himself away.
      The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Mine was the first Herbie film 'The Love Bug' at the local cinema. Must have been around 1969/70. Also used to go to the saturday morning picture show there. Cinema closed down in the mid '70s.

Comment

Pretty sure the first film I saw at the pictures was an old Disney movie called Candleshoe (or something like that). It wasn't a cartoon and I was dead bored. Then went to see the first Star Trek movie and being 6 years old I couldn't understand a single thing going on. All I remember is some bald chick floating through green space!!!

Comment

Candleshow, Jodie Foster in her Disney days, in those days you had Disney double bill too, got your moneys worth first Disney i saw was 101 Dalmations, the cartoon, way superior to the live action version in later years. My mom took me to see Jason and the Argonauts on a cold, wet saturday night once, in a double Ray Harryhausen film bill, Golden Voyage of Sinbad was the other movie, both kool.

Comment

Most of the Disney double bills had wild life kinda films, like Run Cougar Run, The bears and I, witht he main films, like the Herbies, but as I said before you got your moneys worth, or your mom and dads money at least, double bills, thing of the past now, all you get is loads of adverts before you get to the film.

Comment

Disney's Jungle Book c. '75 - was so impressed that I called everyone I met "Mancub" for ages afterwards.
                Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Its funny how we copy stuff, or words from films i Was quoting Jim Carey from Ace Ventura when I saw that, 'Yes Indeedy.'

Comment

the first film i saw at the cinema was Ghostbusters.

Comment

Classic film, the sequel was pants though.

Comment

must have been something like 101 dalmations (animated version not the **** film with real people), or maybe the Evel Knievel and Grizzly double bill!

Comment

Well said Shipster, I fancy the toon Cruella, weird I know but there you go, or I go......

Comment

I have a vague memory of being taken to watch Battlestar Galactica. I am told I fell asleep before the trailers finished.

The first film I remember seeing properly at the flicks is Grease and its been my favourite film ever since.

Comment

Grease is still kool though, I love the Carry On's and James Bonds films that I can watch over and over.

Comment

Working...
                              X