RIP Brian Hibbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Brian Hibbard

The founder of the acapella group The Flying Pickets died yesterday from prostate cancer at the age of 65.
    His group had a xmas no 1 hit back in 1984 with their version of Yazoo's Only You. He even made some appearances in Emmerdale, Eastenders and Corrie.
    RIP Brian.

Re: RIP Brian Hibbard

very sad news.
    r i p brian.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Agreed very individual looking for his time and to be fair a pretty good voice .... RIP Brian
      When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

My sister was in panto with him in 'Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood' at the Hackney Empire in around the late 80s.

Comment

Yes an excellent actor, also appeared in the Swansea set film Twin Town with rhys ifans...very bad language so be warned.

I always look forward to christmas on the music channels as they always play "only you" and it has the best nostalgic video set in a pub with a fruit machine with a jackpot of £2 and those big coloured discs as "hold" buttons.

Comment

Twin Town is a classic! RIP Brian

Comment

yes it is, the ending on Mumbles Pier is a highlight. I personally hope that they dont make a sequal...as a few of the well loved characters including Hibbard are dead...fatty lewis being one and dorien thomas "the bent copper"

Comment

Working...
              X