• RIP Eric Sykes

Died today aged 89

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18704263
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: RIP Eric Sykes

Rip.

Comment

A shame. A very versatile actor-everyone remembers his comedy roles, but he could play it straight, too. His performance in the horror movie 'The Others' a few years ago was very creepy.

Comment

Very sad news, I was a little to young for his hayday but managed to see him in the many roles he had over the years.

Only a few days ago I was remembering his appearence in Dinnerladies as Stan's Dad.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

True Legend!
          R.I.P Eric

Comment

I have only just heard about Eric's sad passing in the last halfa n hour. Eric was a brilliant comic who was a genius I think, I so so liked the Comedy he was in where he lived with his Parents. So well acted indeed by Eric.

RIP Eric Sykes

Comment

I only heard this a few hours ago.
              Really sad news indeed.

R.I.P Eric.
              You will live on in our hearts.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I liked those 'silent' comedies he did, like 'The Plank' etc...he was also funny in 'Sykes' with Hattie Jacques as his twin sister - my parents loved that show so thats how I came to know, see and end up liking it. My favourite episodes the one where Peter Sellers guests as the escaped convict...In later life his hearing was bad so he wore those glasses without lenses, they were actually disguised hearing aids.

Comment

not one of my favs i must admit but nevertheless its always sad to have to cross a name off the old celebrity list

Comment

I remember watching the sitcom with Eric Sykes and Hatti Jaques in the early 70's, i was only 7 at the time and thought it looked 'dated'..........nevertheless, the gentleman was a true comic legend.

Comment

R.I.P. Eric Sykes,
                      A true comedy legend,

I first saw the remake of 'The Plank' when I was about 6 or 7 & have loved it ever since.
                      For those that are interested there are actually three versions of 'The Plank' !

Thanks for all the laughter Eric, you will be greatly missed.

Comment

Working...
                      X