Give a Show Projectors and View masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give a Show Projectors and View masters

I had a red plastic projector, think these were made by Chad valley? and remember having Disney's Robin Hood slides at least, and you could show the images on a wall, or white bed sheet.

Does anybody recall View Masters, kinda like binoculars, but you put a disc in and saw pictures from films etc, I had Batman the Tv series, 101 Dalmations and a few others but there were loads.

I had a View Master too - the discs I remember having were Cinderella and Worzel Gummidge..the Worzel one was quite scary at the time..all those heads of his in 3D creeped me out lol

Comment

Worzel would be enough to freak anyone kid that age out though, fair play to Jon Pertwee, from Doctor Who to Worzel. Though shame the girl, forget her character in Worzel died so young, and in Marmalade Atkins, more famous maybe for her role in For weddings and a Funeral, Charlotte Coleman, her sister Lisa was in Casualty later too as Jude.

Omg i'm a mine of useless information.....

Comment

Oooh I had a view master thingy!!! I had Bambi and I think it was Cinderella.... happy memories!
        If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

I had a projector where you turned a wheel on the side and placed it on a wall etc. I had a tape with Mickey Mouse and the Giant Beanstalk or something of that matter.
          I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: Give a Show Projectors and View masters

I had a Viewmaster - I had several discs but the only one I remember is Treasure Island. I also remember playing with a stereoscope, kind of the forerunner of a Viewmaster - except it had something resembling a diving mask, and you had a card with a double picture on it, that went in a slot at the end of a stick attached to the mask, and when you looked through it, you saw it 3D. It was my grandmother's from when she was a kid. I think it got thrown away when we moved - shame, might have been worth something now.
            The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

i had a viewmaster i still do i think the slides one was 101 dalmations but i forget what the rest were

Comment

Classic viewmaster with the forgotten Disney Movie Viewer

Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83451b4f669e200e55222c7148834-800wi.gif
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	258456 Click image for larger version

Name:	2067066558_13ee0f5855_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	258457

Comment

I remember I had a chad valley projector... I'm sure it was advertised by bob monkhouse...seem to remember his face on the box. Mine had a silent film of Charlie Chaplin. Not sure if you could get other films for them... probably... but that was the one mine came with! We had to pin a sheet to the wall to watch it.
                  ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

We had the viewer, the projector and a viewmaster.....

Comment

we had the veiwmaster to,think it had He man in it ,I'm sure we also had a wall projector one as well
                      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                        We had the viewer, the projector and a viewmaster.....
                        oooooh..get you! lol
                        ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

Ooooooo Behave......

Comment

Nothing like having a nan,who helped with the church table top sales.
                            Heather

Comment

Nans are so kool.....

Comment

Working...
                              X