Bonnie Tyler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnie Tyler

Wonderful singer, one of my favourites of the 1980's.

John

Re: Bonnie Tyler

She wasn't bad.She sounded like Rod Stewart and had the same hairdo or was it a hairdon't ?

Comment

Yes, I suppose she did, I hadn't noticed that before. Different Hairstyle Though.

John

Comment

I have always thought that Bonnie was a great singe, for as longer as I can remember liking and appreciating 1980s music and knowing about Bonnie's Music. I like Lost In France as well as I do Total Eclipse Of The Heart.

Bonnie's voice was amazingly haunting just as Kate Bush was when Wuthering Heights was when I first heard it. It was amzing I think how Bonnie could go from a very low key to tone to very high - signing like that is so tricky to achieve and not often done on the scale as Bonnie could do and did.
        Last edited by 80sChav; 21-08-2012, 16:16.

Comment

the only thing is she is a smoker and as your voice is the main thing it has damaged her voice in later yrs.
          still cant deny she ha is a superb singer though.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          I have always thought that Bonnie was a great singe, for as longer as I can remember liking and appreciating 1980s music and knowing about Bonnie's Music. I like Lost In France as well as I do Total Eclipse Of The Heart.

Bonnie's voice was amazingly haunting just as Kate Bush was when Wuthering Heights was when I first heard it. It was amzing I think how Bonnie could go from a very low key to tone to very high - signing like that is so tricky to achieve and not often done on the scale as Bonnie could do and did.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I thought her voice sounded croaky...

Comment

I did read that Bonnie's voice came from having her throat nodes removed.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

great bit of info rich.
                i never knew that.

well it sure worked well as she has had a long and successful career.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                I did read that Bonnie's voice came from having her throat nodes removed.

Comment

Successful enough to have one of her songs played on the Churchill adverts!

John

Comment

Ah Bonnie Tyler, a proper pop singer, sings a song the way songs should be sung, with feeling and sincerity
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VGQTtENSs
                    I really love this one , "It's a heartache", also reminds me of "Darlin'" by another proper pop singer, the great Frankie Miller.

Comment

I remember cringing when i heard and saw her in the 80's - sounded like female Road Stewart, the hair well it was sort of lioness style and make up like a member of Kiss! sort of like a caberet act.
                      Saw a clip of her the other day though and only then i realised the true quality compared todays chart drival!
                      "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

sometimes it takes time to get a bit older to truly appreciate the great voice she has.

bonnie needed no talent show too become famous.
                        she has a voice that makes your stand on end.

Originally posted by bun View Post
                        I remember cringing when i heard and saw her in the 80's - sounded like female Road Stewart, the hair well it was sort of lioness style and make up like a member of Kiss! sort of like a caberet act.
                        Saw a clip of her the other day though and only then i realised the true quality compared todays chart drival!

Comment

I saw Bonnie Tyler at Tesco's in Culverhouse Cross, Cardiff a couple of years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

It's because she's Welsh- we're born singers!!

Comment

.............and poor Bonnie's has been lumbered with singing the British entry at Eurovision. That's her credibility shot then.

Comment

Working...
                              X