Clint Eastwood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Eastwood.

Clinton "Clint" Eastwood, Jnr.was born May 31st 1930 is an American film actor, director, producer, composer, and politician.
    Eastwood first came to prominence as a supporting cast member in the TV series Rawhide 1959 to 1965.

He rose to fame for playing the Man with No Name in Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy of spaghetti westerns (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly during the late 1960s, and as Harry Callahan in the Dirty Harry films (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, and The Dead Pool throughout the 1970s and 1980s. These roles, among others, have made him an enduring cultural icon of masculinity.

For his work in the films Unforgiven (1992) and Million Dollar Baby (2004), Eastwood won Academy Awards for Best Director and Producer of the Best Picture, as well as receiving nominations for Best Actor. These films in particular, as well as others including Play Misty for Me (1971), Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974), The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976), Escape from Alcatraz (1979), Tightrope (1984), Pale Rider (1985), Heartbreak Ridge (1986.

In the Line of Fire
    (1993), The Bridges of Madison County (1995), and Gran Torino (2008), have all received commercial success and critical acclaim. Eastwood's only comedies have been Every Which Way but Loose (1978) and its sequel Any Which Way You Can (1980), which are his two most commercially successful films after adjustment for inflation.

other films include honky tonk man 82,eiger sanction 75,the beguiled 71.
    In addition to directing many of his own star vehicles, Eastwood has also directed films in which he did not appear, such as Mystic River (2003) and Lettersfrom Iwo Jima (2006), for which he received Academy Award nominations, and Changeling (2008). He has received considerable critical praise in France, including for several films which were not well received in the United States, and he has been awarded two of France's highest honors.

in 1994 he became a recipient of the French Republic's Commandeur of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and in 2007 he was awarded the Légion d'honneur medal. In 2000, he was awarded the Italian Venice Film Festival Golden Lion for lifetime achievement.

from 67, Eastwood has run his own production company, Malpaso, which has produced all except four of his American films. He also served as the nonpartisan mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, from 1986 to 1988. Eastwood has seven children by five different women, although he has only married twice.
    Last edited by darren; 27-08-2012, 00:39.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Clint eastwood.

Clint Eastwood lives in a big house/ranch on a hill about 3/4 of a mile from Monastery Beach in Carmel.You can tell it's Clint's house,as there are no other houses or building anywhere around it.He lives about 3 miles away from Doris Day's house,which is also on a hill over looking the lake/ponds at Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Course.

Comment

Re: Clint eastwood.

thanks M.V.

so he likes his privacy then.
      i did think he would have lived in hollywood or in L.A.

as well as being seriious in his films he could also come iout with some great comedy one liners.

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
      Clint Eastwood lives in a big house/ranch on a hill about 3/4 of a mile from Monastery Beach in Carmel.You can tell it's Clint's house,as there are no other houses or building anywhere around it.He lives about 3 miles away from Doris Day's house,which is also on a hill over looking the lake/ponds at Carmel Valley Ranch Golf Course.

Comment

Re: Clint Eastwood.

The man is, to me, the LAST of the Hollywood legends. His films, especially Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino are truly his greatest pieces in his catalogue of work spanning half a century and more. He was one of my Mum's favourite actors and its through her I got introduced to the legendary Eastwood. I find his films always have a greater depth on the whole, true, he did make a few misses but you also always get one liners from him or the other cast in ways you never hear in other films - i.e. the vulgar swearing which was always funny - my Dad always pointed that out and its stuck to mind. I also love his very first directing role - Play Misty for Me - he made it in his home town, Carmel, used natural lighting and didn't even use make up on the cast and himself - it proved there was more to the man that met the eye. I could list all the films of his I love but some that spring to mind are Thunderbolt and Lightfoot - which to me is a tale of being lost, drifting to the point of no longer knowing how to get back to where it was you first started from or turn back on a life you've now irrevocably started down and how the American Dream went sour - its also a (then) modern day Western genre piece set in the American Midwest - the endings very, very sad. I also love Firefox - which is downright preposterous but Clint really pulls it off - I remember when it premiered on Thames in 1985 at 9pm, and we all sat up irritated that News at Ten interrupted it for well over 40 mins and then when it ended with Clint flying off into the sunset my Mum who had loved the whole film and did her characteristic reacting to the action scenes said to my Dad 'The world looses once again to Clint Eastwood' (her mock joke that he's invincible).

The man's a legend and truly there won't be another Eastwood when he's gone eventually.

Comment

hi sf.
          for sure clint is a true acting great.

a lot of younger actors could do a lot worse than have him as a role model.

ive never heard of him doing anything he should not.
          he is such a professional at everything he does.

my favourite films of his are his westerns and the dirty harry series.
          others are the eiger sanction.the beguiled, honky tonk man, in which i believe his son kyle was in.

as well as escape from alcatraz.

i like his comedies any which way but loose, and any which way you can.
          he could do serious and non serious roles.

im sure there are others ive seen but cant remember them

ive not seen any of his films he has dione in around 2 decades.

Comment

Here's a google earth screen shot with Clint Eastwood and Doris Day's house marked.Doris lives on a private road along the Carmel Vally Road.It's lovely to know they live so close together and are life long friends.
            Attached Files

Comment

Loved all of Clint films from westerns to Dirty Harry great actor

Comment

I love Clint's side-kick Clyde
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

He has done tons of great stuff from the westerns to dirty harry to his comedy type films every which way but loose etc.
                  Also escape from alcatraz.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  loved all of clint films from westerns to dirty harry great actor

Comment

clint is a great actor don't think theres a film of his ive seen that you can say it was rubbish
                    every thing he has been in love storys to action packed I have every one of his films and must say if one is on tv ill watch
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                      I love Clint's side-kick Clyde
                      Waiting for this film to be shown on the box again

Comment

ITV4 is currently running the Clyde films Amethyst
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I'm a huge Clint fan although I've not seen his recent work.
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

SOME OF THESE FILMS ARE NOT BAD.

https://youtu.be/9gyLiokWphI

Comment

Clyde actually out shone Clint lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X