Michael caine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael caine

Michael was born march 14th of march 1933 in rotherhithe London England.

Born Maurice Micklewhite in London, Michael Caine was the son of a fish-market porter and a charlady. He left school at 15 and took a series of working-class jobs before joining the British army and serving in Korea during the Korean War, where he saw combat. Upon his return to England he gravitated toward the theater and got a job as an assistant stage manager..

A few of his most famous roles are.

Educating rita 1983.
    The italian job 1969
    alfie 1963
    zulu 1964
    the swarm 1978
    the eagle has landed 1976
    get carter 1971
    escape to victory 1981
    ipcress file 1965

personal quotes

Movie acting is about covering the machinery.
    Stage acting is about exposing the machinery.

In cinema, you should think the actor is playing himself, if he's that good.

It looks very easy. It should. But it's not, I assure you. To disappear your complete self into a character is quite difficult. I've tried it 85 times, and I've succeeded two or three times.

The best research [for playing a drunk] is being a British actor for 20 years.
    First of all, I choose the great roles, and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent.
    The difference between a movie star and a movie actor is this--a movie star will say, "How can I change the script to suit me, and a movie actor will say. "How can I change me to suit the script.

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.
    Last edited by darren; 30-08-2012, 12:43.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Michael caine

I love Michael and the character he plays a crook from the East End

Comment

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

That'll make an awesome signature
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Perhaps better to start a new thread with this but...

Anyone remember a Michael Caine film where it ends with him sitting on the side of the road with a glass of champagne? - sort of poignant quality to the scene as I recall.

This has stuck in my head for a while now for some reason....

Comment

Working...
        X