George Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Cole

George cole was boen april 22nd 1925 in tooting london england.

George Cole OBE is a veteran British film, television and stage actor whose impressive career has spanned over 60 years.

For many, he will perhaps be best remembered for playing one of the most endearing characters of recent times on British television, Arthur Daley the shifty but very likable business man in the hit ITV drama series Minder 1979.

However, Cole had long been a household name well before "Minder" aired on television. His successful film career began in the 1940s, appearing with Alistair Sim and sir john mills in the film Cottage to Let 1941.

Further success came throughout the 50s and 60s, where he played the part of Flash Harry in the popular "St Trinians" films, alongside his close friend and mentor alastair sim..

some of georges most well know roles.

minder 1979 to 1994. as arthur daley.

he starred in the vampire lovers 1970 brit horror.

starred in the bluebird 1976.

double nickels 1977.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: George Cole

I still love to watch minder on Itv4,who could not love the crafty old rogue character,a large Vat Dave put it on the slate

Also he played the part of Ebenezer Scrooge a great christmas Eve viewing

Comment

Here's a link to the Minder section of the tv-lounge website:
      http://www.thetvlounge.co.uk/minder/
      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

i love watching george cole in the old st trinian's films as 'flash harry'/harry hackett.........brill!

Comment

George Cole is one of those actors who is difficult not to like. At Christmas I was watching A Christmas Carol with Alistair Simm and didn't realise George Cole was in it, but he's quite easy to spot, even though he was pretty young in it. I never realised he and his adoptive mother went to live with Alistair Sim and his wife when George was 15. He lived there until he was 27 so AS was like a father to him and introduced him to acting.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

never knew that mate.
            thanks.

Yeah george is a superb actor so likeable as well.
            always watch minder when i know its on.
            his voice is so distinctive.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            George Cole is one of those actors who is difficult not to like. At Christmas I was watching A Christmas Carol with Alistair Simm and didn't realise George Cole was in it, but he's quite easy to spot, even though he was pretty young in it. I never realised he and his adoptive mother went to live with Alistair Sim and his wife when George was 15. He lived there until he was 27 so AS was like a father to him and introduced him to acting.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I would love to see Minder on the Orient Express again filmed in 1985 I think

Comment

Working...
              X