Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah! Please help with this 90s CCG

Hello everyone!

I just joined because I found this site via Google and have been going mad trying to remember the name of a Collectable Card Game from the mid 90s.

The cards were bluey purple, and came in bluey purple pack. They were fantasy/medieval focussed and the cards had basic stats on the that allowed a game to be played with two or more players.

I remember some cards were status effects like 'Transfix' that made people miss a go. There were also ghosts, vampires, warriors and all sorts like that.

There was a sister series to the fantasy/medieval set that was an Asian inspired fantasy/medieval set that had a yellow/gold colour scheme and had ninja and stuff, and while you could play the cards in the same game, they were two totally different decks.

I know I had loads of them, and I have a memory of being annoyed when someone bought me the yellow ones when I'd given my pocket money to them and asked for the bluey-purple ones. You could buy them at newsagents, and there was a special folder you could get to keep them in, though I never had that.

Can anyone help identify what on Earth I'm talking about, because while I remember them, not many of my friends seem to, and one even thinks I've just made them up!

I do know they definitely were not Magic: The Gathering, but beyond that, unfortunately, do not know who produced these cards.

Re: Gah! Please help with this 90s CCG

Have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ble_card_games

The one that immediately seems to match is Jyhad released 1994, re-released as Vampire: The Eternal Struggle in 1995

Comment

Re: Gah! Please help with this 90s CCG

Yeah, I've been through that list and I cannot find the game I mean on there.

It isn't the Vampire one, although I did have some of those.

Comment

Working...
      X