In praise or ........RADIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In praise or ........RADIO

Early morning and daytime TV wasn't about when I was young so my dad going out to work at 6am meant the radio (redifusion through the tele) being left on. Getting ready for school with the Radio 1 breakfast show (I'm sure the music was better as we couldn't see if the band were good looking or not!), study leave and setting the alarm to wake me 15mins before Simon Bates's "our tune". The football, back then it was wasn't full commentary but 3 reports per half plus goal reports. Growing up it became the Radio 1 roadshow, bits and pieces, smileymiley etc then 15 onwards....radio luxembourg(tampax ad's and cutie cura ? mildy medicated soaps and talcs)and late night radio 1, David 'kid' Jenson then latterly Janice Long and JOHN PEEL aroung whom I either listened or recorder, often both for about a 15 years years between '82' and about '95ish'.

Have to say Radio 4 comedy and Radio 6 music is giving me the same sort of vibe now. I'd paythe license fee for Radio alone.

Re: In praise or ........RADIO

i love the radio when i was a kid back in the late seventies my dad had the radio or wireless on every morning in fact it would be listened too more than the telly.
    he still listens to it and i do to as i have two of my own.

great invention the radio you quite often hear songs and interviews on there that you wont hear on tv.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: In praise or ........RADIO

Yes I always listened to the radio before going to school,when in comprehensive I used to go home for lunch used to like the quiz pop the question before going back to school

Comment

Working...
      X