The Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wall

Did anyone actually get to see Pink Floyd's "The Wall" tour? I recorded it, but couldn't afford to travel to see it.

I wasn't old enough to go see "The Wall" tour, but I was a hard core Floyd fan until I saw the movie "The Wall". Lost all respect for them after that. I thought the movie was nothing but a "everyone feel really bad for me" sob story. Just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Re: The Wall

Would have loved to have seen them on tour, got the album, the film was a bit strange i thought, but ok, like Tommy.

Comment

Not The Wall,but I've seen The Floyd 4 times now.
        O/T..If you see a band called Breathe playing local to you,GO SEE THEM.
        They are one of the BEST PF Tribute acts out there.Close your eyes and you could be at a real Floyd gig.well worth it

http://www.breathefloyd.co.uk/

Comment

Wow i'm impressed Daz, would love to see them once, let alone a quartet

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
            Not The Wall,but I've seen The Floyd 4 times now.
            Sorry to be churlish, but I reckon if you saw the post-Waters version of Floyd fronted by Gilmour then it doesn't quite count. Two drummers, two keyboard players, three female backing singers...a coffee table reproduction of what was once great. Fronted by a grumpy fat bloke who ruined the verses of Comfortably Numb.

Rant over, I was only 9 when The Wall came out, but my best mate was 11 and his older sister's mate was a fan and took my mate to see the show at Earl's Court. The ungrateful sod found it all quite boring!

Comment

Working...
            X