Rock bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock bands

Well i suppose my fav,s were Bowie,the who,bad company, Floyd,Zepplin.!!
    Oh to many real bands to choose from.But that was the great thing about the 60,70,s and even 80,s.

Re: Rock bands

has to be Black Sabbath for me.......thank you to my music teacher for deciding to play Sabbath instead of Tchaikovsky that day........good choice

Comment

Yeah teachers are a funny thing.when i was at school (secondary thats is)We had an English teacher who was Vivien Leigh,s tutor when she was a child.
      So whenever we didn,t feel much learning the English set aside for our lesson.We used to ask Mrs Grant to tell us about Vivien Leigh and that was that.Before she new it the lesson was over.lol!!!Bless her.She was a lovely lady.
      May

Comment

I like so many bands from the 1970s and 1980s J0anne. I am really liked Fleetwood Mac very much, though I guess they are not heavy rock as such but there was so many other amazing bands from these 2 deades and the 1960s which i'm a fan of but not as much.

There are just too many bands to mention - eg REM, R Hot Chille Peppers and many more who I like who wasbordering from rock to pop or both in their type of music.
        I just so like the 1970s and 1980s Music, and the style it was achieved through, but sadly unless a time machine is invented, know one will ever be able to be in the era again from those times to appreciate like I have done since - it is true you have to be where-ever at a time to appreciate thing's I do believe as the saying goes.

80sChav

Comment

so very true that you have to have lived through that era to appreciate certain bands.
          but thanks to youtube we can do the next best thing and hear these great bands.

there are so many rock bands from those decades who where great but very few nowadays have heard of them.
          kds of today i mean.

there are quite a few fleetwood mac songs i like just cant put a name to them.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          I like so many bands from the 1970s and 1980s J0anne. I am really liked Fleetwood Mac very much, though I guess they are not heavy rock as such but there was so many other amazing bands from these 2 deades and the 1960s which i'm a fan of but not as much.

There are just too many bands to mention - eg REM, R Hot Chille Peppers and many more who I like who wasbordering from rock to pop or both in their type of music.
          I just so like the 1970s and 1980s Music, and the style it was achieved through, but sadly unless a time machine is invented, know one will ever be able to be in the era again from those times to appreciate like I have done since - it is true you have to be where-ever at a time to appreciate thing's I do believe as the saying goes.

80sChav
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've always had pretty eclectic musical tastes - from the trippy Krautrock of Ash Ra Tempel and Tangerine Dream to classic prog - ELP, Yes, Ange, King Crimson and early Gabriel-era Genesis, and I also likes me some heavy metal - Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Led Zep etc. I've also never heard a Beethoven track I didn't like.

Comment

another for me is the italian rock band goblin.

they have made some super music sountracks for films most notably for dario argento.

check goblin if u do not know them.

here is some of there bits of music.

http://youtu.be/vzU3jnNWKbI
              http://youtu.be/hXyRsOJo0fo

i just love listening to them.
              Last edited by darren; 23-10-2012, 16:15.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X