R I P Clive Dunn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R I P Clive Dunn.

Clive dunn famous for his role in dads army died today at the age of 92.

r i p clive.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: R I P Clive Dunn.

Rip Clive Dunn what a legend

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Wow

He lived a long life

RIP

Comment

a sad day but what a career the man had

Comment

Rip.

Comment

"they dont like it up`em" and "dont panic" two phrases i still constantly us in everyday life. dont think spoken by any other actor they would have been so memorable

Comment

Absolutely- in addition to his role as Corporal Jones in Dad's Army, who remembers his own comedy children's show 'Grandad' that was on in the late '70s? There was also another kid's comedy series where he played the role of piano player at a variety theatre- Derek Griffiths was the Commissionaire, whose catchphrase was "Get ON with it!" Can anyone remember what this show was called? (It definitely WASN'T Potter's Picture Palace)....

Comment

I am feeling a little spooky, for some reason on Tuesday I had a sudden urge to watch a clip of "Grandad" on youtube!
                RIP Clive.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                  Absolutely- in addition to his role as Corporal Jones in Dad's Army, who remembers his own comedy children's show 'Grandad' that was on in the late '70s? There was also another kid's comedy series where he played the role of piano player at a variety theatre- Derek Griffiths was the Commissionaire, whose catchphrase was "Get ON with it!" Can anyone remember what this show was called? (It definitely WASN'T Potter's Picture Palace)....
                  film fun was the programme that had derrick griffiths in it but i dont think clive dunn was in it derrick played all the characters
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5gE-AJQrrk

Comment

Most well known for Dad's Army but I remembezr him fondly for Grandad (and the song that was released) He never
                    seemed to age. Always seemed to be old! I also remember that programme with Derek Griffiths but can't remember the name.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

I watched Dad's Army often, though not often a full episode - but it never dawned on me that Clive Dunn made the song "Grandad" - what a famous song "Grandad" was. It was so great and so brilliantly unique in how Clive sang it I think.

RIP Clive Dunn, a true true ledgend.

Comment

rip clive we all remember you every time we sing the grandad song
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

cant say i was familiar with grandad or anything else he was in but he was a superb actor thats for sure.

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

R.I.P. Clive Dunn, Thanks for all the laughs.

Comment

Working...
                            X