games magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games magazines

today for first time in god knows how long brought the games master magazine just to see wha was in it now i use to buy this mag all the time and was wondering who else brought this magazine and any others u use to buy
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Re: games magazines

i used to buy the official nintendo magazine a long time ago.
    never bothered with any other games mags.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i use to buy them all for the freebees i kept most for ages and now sold some on ebay they made loads so ive started again spend 100s pound on mags all year save the freebees for few yews and sell when skint sound made but works lol
      Originally posted by darren View Post
      i used to buy the official nintendo magazine a long time ago.
      never bothered with any other games mags.

Comment

I think I may have posted about it before but I was a massive CVG (Computer and Video Games) fan. I started buying it when I got my PS1 in 1997 and it was a bargain at 50p an issue. It was bright and colourful and covered so many games, there were great art and letters pages and it also had a brilliant retro section in the middle which was always printed on a yellow or sometimes grey paper. It had great staff members too and you could tell they had so much fun working on the mag and playing the games.

It was CVG where I first heard about Tamagotchi and something called Pokemon which they said was going to be absolutely huge when it hit the UK. How right they were. The CVG guys were also huge beat em' up fans, so much so that the story goes that one day the people behind the magazine itself actually had to tell them to stop covering the Tekken games so much and include other games!

While a little worse for wear, I still have a few issues stored away. I don't think people would really give them a second look due to their condition but they still mean a lot to me and remind me of a time where games really could capture my imagination. My favourite one I have is from October 1997, it had a shiny, silver cover and an original artwork of Cloud Strife across it. Final Fantasy VII was reviewed in that issue and they went all-out to tell people how amazing it was and that they must have it in their collection.

No other gaming magazine has been half as much to read for me since then, although the Nintendo magazine could be pretty enjoyable.

Comment

thing with computer mags if you have all of them and that mag no longer exists they will be worth money.

i had tons of the nintendo magazine had great fu looking at the pics and reading reviews.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

ive still got loads in loft lets hope they worth sumat 200 years time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
              I think I may have posted about it before but I was a massive CVG (Computer and Video Games) fan.
              Ah... memories. I remember buying my first one in WH Smiths - was the one with the picture from 'The Last Starfighter' on the cover. Must have been around 84/85?

Comment

Working...
              X