Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look-In Magazine, Era: 1988-1994!!

Hi, all

I loved getting the Look-In magazine as a child!, it was fun! and packed with cool stuff like:- comic strips, Posters, TV listing's!

I liked it because it had free gifts! also sweets and badges etc, Kylie Minogue and Duckula in it and the No. 73 comic strip!!, the magazine covers were less busy too
    which was nice,

Does anyone have any fond memories of Look-In?

Re: Look-In Magazine, Era: 1988-1994!!

No fond memories personally, but I remember one of my sisters bought it regularly.

Comment

I remember the floppy 7" singles they used to give away free. Don't remember much of Look In though. I think I stopped reading it around the time when New Kids On The Block were all the rage

Comment

i remember it but cart recall any fav bits from it apart the great free items think tha all i brought it for never use to read it lol
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I remember it from the 70's. My sis got that and I got a football mag but I used to always have a look as the back page was the TV schedules for the weekend mornings and everyone else's was far more exotic than ours (Tyne Tees).

Comment

..........just found this

Comment

ha ha great find there mate just watched tha and remembered those star wars transfers lol good work mate
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Hi, all thanks for talking about lookin, the magazine wasn't everyone's cup of tea, i guess, i had the 7" record of NKOTB.

Comment

i loved Lookin as a kid back in 1992, i remember it well

Comment

Don't think I ever read it, but the video was interesting.

'Doctor on the go' - looked like a bit of an unlikely idea for a comic strip?

Comment

I was a Look-In reader in the 70s and early 80s, and still have quite a few copies. I'd long since abandoned it by 1988, though-I doubt I even realized it was still being published (and I'm amazed it was still around in '94).

Comment

I got Look In regularly from about 1985-1988. Most of my friends did too. The free floppy singles were great and lasted pretty well in my collection.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

I think I must've bought Look In from about '87 - '89 ? I used to collect anything to do with 5 Star and they had a cartoon strip in there.
                          I remember wanting a floppy flexi disc by The Jets but it was sold out in every shop in our town - and LookIn had never sold out before.

Comment

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                            I think I must've bought Look In from about '87 - '89 ? I used to collect anything to do with 5 Star and they had a cartoon strip in there.
                            I remember wanting a floppy flexi disc by The Jets but it was sold out in every shop in our town - and LookIn had never sold out before.
                            I remember getting the floppy flexi disc by The Jets in Look-in. I'd forgotton all about that, I held onto it for quite sometime but must have got thrown out with the rest of my 7" records.

I mainly bought Look-in from 1985-1991 as I was mad on 5 star, Wham and later Bros and NKOTB. I remember winning a runner up prize of a pair of Adidas trainers (1st prize was a ghetto blaster), and they must have published my address in the winners list, as I received a letter from a girl wanting to be my pen-pal. My Mum wasn't too happy and wouldn't let me reply, saying it could have been anyone writing to me.

Comment

I really liked Look-in. it was a great mag for kids. I used to buy it on a regular basis.
                              i think i started reading it in the mid 70s. I was amazed to hear it was still in existence in 1994!!!!!!!!
                              i did a search on google and recognised quite a few of the front pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X