No announcement yet.

Big Bumper Puzzle Books for Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bumper Puzzle Books for Christmas.

In the late 70s/early 80s I always got a Big Bumper Puzzle book over the Christmas period; lots of dot-to-dot, mazes and 'spot the difference' picture puzzles in one massive book. I'm sure it was bought for me to keep me busy and I loved completing them each year. I can't remember seeing these at any other time of the year.

Re: Big Bumper Puzzle Books for Christmas.

i used to get those at christmas.........and I'm 100% sure it was to keep me busy and quiet in the school holiday

Comment

yea i agree mate i use to love these loads off dot to dots the puzzle books duna seam to last long now 30 pages max

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
      i used to get those at christmas.........and I'm 100% sure it was to keep me busy and quiet in the school holiday
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Yeah these were great and they were really thick. I didn't like dot to dots but loved colouring in and word searches. Kept me out of trouble for ages. Tended to get them more in the summer holidays than at Christmas.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

i use to get the xmas ones allways remember dot to dot of snowman santa xmas trees elfs etc etc etc lol and most colouring was xmas scenes lol

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          Yeah these were great and they were really thick. I didn't like dot to dots but loved colouring in and word searches. Kept me out of trouble for ages. Tended to get them more in the summer holidays than at Christmas.
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

brilliant stuff where these books.

so very thick they where.

word searches where m fave .

it occupied me for hrs and hrs.

it really got the brain cells working.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I still do wordsearches now and you get some that leaves you with one word you cannot find (this is done on purpose and is the answer) and another one is after you have found all the words you are left with odd words that spell a famous person or whatever and you can win cash but I sometimes forget to send my answers online as I have left it too late :cry:

Just thought I would add I liked dot to dot and colouring especially that drawing was not one of my best subjects. I used to have a few rotadraw which created cartoons and I recently bought one on ebay for nostalgia.
              Last edited by Beach Life; 08-12-2012, 01:19.

Comment

never thought they purposely left a word u could not find.
                has that always been the case.

when i did them back in the eighties i always found normally one or two very hard to find.

and another one is after you have found all the words you are left with odd words that spell a famous person or whatever and you can win cash.

certainly never knew about the above never remember it like this back in the eighties.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                I still do wordsearches now and you get some that leaves you with one word you cannot find (this is done on purpose and is the answer) and another one is after you have found all the words you are left with odd words that spell a famous person or whatever and you can win cash but I sometimes forget to send my answers online as I have left it too late :cry:

Just thought I would add I liked dot to dot and colouring especially that drawing was not one of my best subjects. I used to have a few rotadraw which created cartoons and I recently bought one on ebay for nostalgia.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think in the 80's there was only the words you circled around. Yes I also found a few hard to find but persevered till U got them. The ones now are slightly different in a mag called Chat or Take A Break as I don't think they want to make it to easy to win (pounds make prizes)
                  Last edited by Beach Life; 08-12-2012, 08:00.

Comment

We always got a bumper colouring book (which included a few puzzles) and crayons as stocking fillers. When I grew up, as I was colouring with my sons in similar books, I could smell the wax from the crayons in my warm hand, it brought me back in my mind to my early childhood.
                    Last edited by ann22; 09-12-2012, 02:17.

Comment

Christmas would not be Christmas without a bumper colouring or puzzle book.Have had many happy hours colouring in the pictures as a kid.And yes the smell of a warm wax crayon,or even the taste of one brings back memories.Ok so I had to have a nibble hmmmmm,nice.At least something still tastes the same,lol.
                      Not only just the colouring side brings back memories but the colours of the crayons themselves.That golden yellow,a brown that would only just leave a smudgy waxy greasy type mark and nothing else,that excellent turquoise,and the colouring book that always had rough surfaced paper.When I got a little older and I started to use felt tips or coloured pencils things were not the same.These bumper colouring books and wax crayons were a match made for each other.Mum always said Santa knows best and she was right.

Comment

Working...
                      X