Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinosaur cards that came with Kellogs Cornflakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur cards that came with Kellogs Cornflakes.

Ayone remember these free cards that came in the box in the mid 80's.They were kind of hologram cards that showed a dinosaur and when you tilted the card it changed to a modern day animal?The T-Rex changed to a tiger etc.

Re: Dinosaur cards that came with Kellogs Cornflakes.

Yes I remember them, I was interested in Dinosaurs at the time so looked forward to getting a new one.

For some reason I never kept them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i loved collecting any cards or toys that was in cereal boxes pitty you couldnt eat them within 24hrs to go get new box that was the problems seem to last ages untill got the next box
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

The first edition of Douglas Adams' So Long And Thanks For all The Fish had one attached to the cover - a dinosaur that became a walrus. He'd told his publisher that the book had a walrus in it but, when he finally finished it, it didn't.

They're called "lenticular" cards.
        There is no beauty here, just the stench of wine and beer.

Comment

I remember them as well. I had one of a Giraffe which changed to a Giraffe-like dinosaur (never been that interested in dinosaurs, so can't recall the name of it, Sorry!), I remember being quite impressed that you could get these in packets of Corn Flakes, because that particular cereal didn't usually go in for things like that. Freebies were more often given away with Weetabix, Rice Krispies or Frosties.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Yep. I collected them. I have the full set (8 in total). I'm not sure what the technique used was called but it wasn't holograms. It was a kind of refraction method I guess with two pix and depending on which way the light hit the card one of the two pix would be displayed. This method was popular in things like plastic rulers at the time too. A friend in school had a superman one that I've been dying to get a copy of myself ever since.

If you're looking for more information the official name of the range was "Prehistoric Monsters and the Present" and they came out in 1985 iirc.
            Last edited by Avahi1057; 06-01-2013, 17:10.

Comment

Working...
            X