Chipmunk Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipmunk Diary

My nostalgic radar is normally very accurate and I remember vividly buying on of these chipmunk diaries in the late 70's. However, I can't find any reference to them on the 'net, which makes me question my own memory. Perhaps it wasn't a chipmunk but something similar. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Re: Chipmunk Diary

Originally posted by lermentov View Post
    My nostalgic radar is normally very accurate and I remember vividly buying on of these chipmunk diaries in the late 70's. However, I can't find any reference to them on the 'net, which makes me question my own memory. Perhaps it wasn't a chipmunk but something similar. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Did you get it from the 'Chip' book club? We could buy books from the Chip club at school and one year I got a diary featuring their cartoon chipmunk mascot. It had jokes on
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 13-01-2013, 19:13.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Sorry, edit timing cut me off. Was going to say it had jokes on each page and I can't find any references to the club apart from the badge which was sold on ebay.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

That might be it, Trickyvee, although I think I may have bought more than one. I know the year would've been 1978-80 within that time-frame. I would definitely recognise it if I saw a front cover of one of these.

Comment

The one I had was for 1986 but I never got any others as I think we were only in the club for one year. I'm not sure how long it had been going before that. Perhaps they brought out a diary each year?
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by lermentov View Post

Thanks.
            I have three of these diaries still. Would you like me to upload photographs of them?

Comment

I would love that.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X