Retro Editions of Boardgames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Editions of Boardgames.

Does anyone have any awesome editions of boardgames from the 80s and 90s? I have an amazing Star Wars Monopoly from the 90's re-releases of the original trilogy! I think any game is improved when it includes a hotel-as-Star-Destroyer and Luke-Skywalker-as-the-boot switcheroo!

(although there's new tokens coming in that sound almost as good - a helicopter? Yes please! https://www.facebook.com/monopoly - you can vote to get save your fave!)

What about you guys? You have any awesome editions of classic boardgames?

Re: Retro Editions of Boardgames.

Well, I'm not sure about calling them awesome, but I still have several board games from when I was young in the 1970's - Backgammon and chess sets, Cluedo, The London Game, and probably a couple more which escape my memory at the moment. The early 1970's editions of Mouse Trap, Haunted House and few others got passed on to others a good many years ago. I still have a 1960's Scrabble set - The letter tiles were plastic by then, but the holders were still wood.

Monopoly really seems to have spawned dozens of themed variants in recent years, but I just have two of the "normal" older sets: A regular British edition from the mid 1970's, and an American edition from the early 1960's.

Comment

My parents have an early 1970s Monopoly set, the car is shaped like an E-Type Jaguar.

On of my friends had a few toys handed down from older siblings, so 1 or 2 board games were differently styled from the current designs.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        My parents have an early 1970s Monopoly set, the car is shaped like an E-Type Jaguar.
        I think that's the same in the British edition I have - The edition with a box lid divided horizontally into red stripes top & bottom with white in the middle.

Comment

Working...
        X