Spam Fritters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Fritters

Now these DO take me back to way back when.

I hated these things. I can remember one time, Mum gave them to us for dinner and I (ungrateful sod that I must have been) waited until she was out of them room and, as the carpets were up and we were on bare boards (we must have been waiting for new carpets) I cut my fritters into little bits and shoved them through a knothole in the floorboards.

But now.....I am gagging to try them as they sound so yummy!!! I am sure they can't be a difficult recipe (dip them in a batter mix I guess, then fry them up?) but does anyone make these, and can I have your recipe?

By the way the Spam website is pretty groovy: http://www.spam-uk.com/

~ Smee_1972

Hi Smee,

Spam Fritters. Gorgeous.

At the moment there is an advert for Spam on the TV.

They have actually started to sell Spam Fritters ready made.
    Not bought any yet. Keep forgetting to look for them.

To make your own do what I do.
    Buy a batter mix. The best one is by a company called Goldenfry and they have a chip shop batter mix. ( Sold in Morrisons)
    Just coat the slices of Spam in flour, dip in the batter mix and deep fry till golden brown, Delicious.

Not very diet friendly,but who cares.

Buzz

Comment

Spamspamspamspamspam

Hey Buzz!!!

Thanks for the reply! What an easy recipe, thanks!

I didn't know they sold ready made Spam fritters! Wow! But I shall do as you advise and get a batter mix. My Dad uses Tesco's own to make Yorkshire Puds; I am guessing that the mix will also do for fritters?

As you say, who cares about diets??? I want my fritters and this time I won't hide them under the floorboards!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Dont forget if you want to recreate the "School dinner feel" to your meal, serve with tinned tomatoes and lumpy mash or greasy chips

Follow with semolina

Buzz

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
          Follow with semolina
          Buzz
          I like semolina
          If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

They sell Spam fritters in my local chippy (corned beef ones too!) I'll pop one in the post if you like!

Comment

Yum!

Wow, corned beef fritters! Yum-o-rama! I hadn't even considered the possiblilty of their existence, let alone tried them.

Wish I lived near your chippie!

~Smee_1972

Comment

They're back and they look rather yummy i must say.

Comment

Re: Spam Fritters

Never mind spam fritters; what about Mars fritters? I Scottish delicacy
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Spam fritters were proper gorgeous!
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

My sentiments exactly Zabadak
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X