Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

This was the first cut and slash movie I saw. It was great! I had nightmares for days.

Personally I preferred the real cheesy horrors like Slugs and Ticks

Comment

Halloween was cool, but didn't compare to Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes.

Comment

yap i saw that movie but i have no nightmares after watching it...
        here's some scary pic of him Mr. holloween.

BRIAN JONES - this brilliant multi-talented musician who attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to juggle drug use with his musical output, died under questionable circumstances on the...

Comment

Originally posted by Elleth Faewen
          This was the first cut and slash movie I saw. It was great! I had nightmares for days.
          Yeah I remeber watching that movie and scared me silly too.

Comment

then they spoilt it all and made haloween 3 season of the witch!
            Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

The first was the best Michael Meyers was kool, think they're on about remaking it yet again.

Comment

Ah Season of the Witch...nothing to do with Miaceal Myers but as a stand alone must be a cult classic. Who can forget that jingle?
                The eyes have it!
                sigpic

Comment

Nigel Kneale, creator of the awesome Quatermass wrote Season of the Witch.

Comment

Re: Halloween

s o t w one of my all time top horror films.
                    ok not a myers film but it still delivers great atmosphere,chills me to the none.
                    and that ending where the fella in the phone box says turn it off.
                    and your left to wonder what happened.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It was entertaining but in the end I found myself thinking ok enoughs enough. You can die now. He made more comebacks than Brucie.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

One of the all time great horrors. I got this on dvd for Xmas.

Season Of The Witch was very chilling and memorable.
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

a bit of info i found out about the original halloween.

halloween was shot on a budget of 300,000.

apparently no major studio would release it.

it was through word of mouth that it became so popular and was eventually picked up by a studio

in an interview with john carpenter he said himself and debra hill where all novices they had never made a film before.

also regarding h20 both carpenter and debra hill say its the one that is closest to the original in many ways.
                          although carpenter and hill had nothing to do with the film.

also the part where you see michael walking up the stairs to kill his sister all yopu see is two holes cut out of the mask that is actually debra hill playing that role.
                          but she did not play him for the entire film.

Comment

The budget was $320,000. The producer approached John Carpenter to make the film after seeing 'Assault on Precinct 13'. It was meant to be called 'The Babysitter' but the title was changed by producer Irwin Yablans. The film was always meant to be distributed by Compass International Pictures as this was the company that Yablans owned. Not sure where you have got your info re the release Darren. It was never supposed to be released by a major studio. Is is after all an independent film that was financed and concived by the people who released it, Irwin Yablans and Moustapha Akkad. No word of mouth as you claim.
                            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

hi mate.
                              yes carpenter said word of mouth wa a big part in it becoming so successful.
                              carpenter said himself in the near ninety min interview he could get no big studio to release it.

it had interviews with jamie lee curtis and donald pleasance.
                              and debra hill.

when i find it again ill put up a link to it for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X