X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Herbert: RIP (1943-2013)

BBC News

(excerpt)

'Best-selling author James Herbert, who wrote the horror classic The Rats, has died aged 69.

His publisher, Pan Macmillan, confirmed that he died at his home in Sussex this morning. No cause of death was given.

Jeremy Trevathan, his editor for 10 years, described him as "one of the keystone authors in a genre that had its heyday in the 1970s and 1980s".

He is survived by his wife, Eileen, whom he married in 1967, and their three daughters Kerry, Emma and Casey.

Herbert's first novel, The Rats, depicted London overrun by mutant flesh-eating rodents and sold 100,000 copies within two weeks of being published in 1974.

Since then, he has published 23 novels in more than 30 languages, selling 54 million copies worldwide. His latest book, Ash, was published last week.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21870413

Re: James Herbert: RIP (1943-2013)

this is just so sad.

a great writer.

r i p james.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Very sad to here this he is one of my favourite authors

so many good books obviously The Rats is his most famous but both of the follow on books (Lair and Domain) are equally good but my all time favourite is Creed brilliantly written and very creepy ...... would make a great horror film (as long as they do it right)

looking forward to reading Ash soon

anyone who hasn't read a James Herbert book I would recommend you do you will not be dissapointed
      Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

very sad jay and no ive never read any of his books.

never knew he did so many books.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've seen him interviewed, and he came across as a genuinely nice and sincere man. He'll be missed.

Comment

Working...
          X