Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio childrens cassette series, possibly 90s, Help Please? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio childrens cassette series, possibly 90s, Help Please? :)

I don't think there is an audio forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong place, but need help. I remember, I think late eighties/early nineties, but hard to say, listening to a cassette audio-play. It was a children's sci-fi, where this boy had a friend who was a girl, and she had this accentric uncle who lived up a lane. The house was hard to find. I think he had a pipe that he used to travel to other places -like planets- and in one they were surrounded by hats. Yes, hats! like Stetsons etc, and the hats were shooting at them. I think one may of been a bandit called zuchario, or similar. There may well have been a scene where there was everlasting chocolate bars being made, and the boy, William? was only permitted to take one, and it regenerated after that each time he ate a bite. Am I mixing stories here? Not sure, but if anyone has an idea?

Re: Audio childrens cassette series, possibly 90s, Help Please?

I only found the answer recently, and it's The Energy Pirate, by Sir Fred Hoyle
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energy-Pirat...energy+pirates

This is definitely the story I was thinking of, however, I can find no mention of an audio adaptation, which is what I was remembering.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 15-12-2013, 13:55.

Comment

Working...
    X