Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puzzle Game from the 80's, possibly called Mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzle Game from the 80's, possibly called Mask?

I remember when I was at primary school and we had some computers, I forget which kind -big and beige I think! And there was this puzzle game, possible called Mask, where you moved a mask(?) around mazes, trying to solve them. I remember because you would get given a little badge if you did well - I mean a real one, by a teacher or someone, so must have been considered educational in some way. I remember my older brother getting a badge, but I never got to play it, and I've been trying to find it on a emulator somewhere, but without success. If there were badges given to pupils, maybe it was part of a scheme around the country. I wonder if anyone remembers this?

Re: Puzzle Game from the 80's, possibly called Mask?

I'm pretty sure it'll be the BBC Micro, but I've never played the game you're referring to. There's some badges here, but not game related:

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/b...-Micro-Badges/

Comment

Sounds like the LOGO programming language. Designed to teach children basic programming skills, they could program a "turtle" to move around the screen.

Comment

Also, there was a robot turtle that could draw the moves to paper

Comment

There was a game called Xor in the late 1980s which had a mask for a logo, can't remember anything about it though.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Just looked up XOR, and oh wow, had that feeling of instant recognition from something from the past! If that's not it, I've definitely seen it before. It was on the BBC Micro, amongst others (I understand that schools at the time favoured one kind, presumably this one), and according to Wikipedia there was a schools edition complete with sheets for teacher's to photocopy. I can't find any mention of badges, but, perhaps tellingly, the blurb speaks of completing all the levels to qualify for the order of Xor, so a badge wouldn't be out of the question, I wouldn't think. I'm gonna see if I can play it, as this has given me major retro-gaming urges now! Thanks Richard, thanks all

Comment

That's OK, I remember having a few Electron Users with ads for it, which didn't mention much about the game, but had a noticeable mask logo.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X