Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek

The original Sci-Fi series. I watched every episode, and I'm still a big fan. I hated when they brought in holodecks. It was much better exploring strange new worlds every episode.

Star Trek is the very reason people should own a TV.

Personally though I am a bigger fan of Voyager than any of the others.

Comment

Hello,

I have watched and loved every Star Trek series except Enterprise. I love the holodeck, myself. It's almost as cool as the stargate from Stargate SG-1.

Comment

I loved them all too, although the last, "Enterprise" has struggled at times.

My favourite series would have to be "The Next Generation", all the cast and characters were so memorable.

It's a shame that "Enterprise" will be the last of the Star Trek franchise for a while, but maybe it will return in another form one day.
        Old enough to know better...

Comment

Sad to hear of the death of James "Scotty" Doohan this week at the age of 85.
          He of course played Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott in the original "Star Trek".
          Like creator Gene Roddenberry, James has also requested that his ashes be fired into space.
          RIP Scotty.
          Old enough to know better...

Comment

I'm a born again Trekkie, loving it when i see it now, as I did when I was a kid watching it, Spock was my favorite in those days the 's, nowadays its Jim Kirk and the short, mini skirt female crew memebers, oboy! And news that is being given a cgi makeover and new series and film in works the futures bright, the futures Star Trek!

Comment

Ooooo I love Star Trek The Original Series.... I must say though, that I prefer the later ones, especially Voyager.

I love the holodeck, but they did overuse it for some of the episodes (you could tell most were 'filler' material) though so I see your point.

For a fantastic piece of futuristic technology the holodeck sure did break down a lot didn't it! hahaha!

Comment

The Holodeck was a kool device as you remark, but also overused 80's Chic, and I loved the classic first series Phasers so kool as was the Enterprise herself.

Hows about fave Star Trek episodes anyone from each series, or just the ones you, me, we like......
                1. City on the edge of forever - Classic Trek: Joan Collins and time travel, and a sad ending, classy.
                2. The Best of both worlds - Next Generation: The Borg, but aren't they just updated Cybermen anyhow, though still greta episode.
                3. Trials and Tribulations - DS9: vist the Tribbles, class act, and an explanation of sorts as to why the Klingons look so darn diferent nowadays.
                4. Scorpion - Voyager: kool episode with deady enemies.
                5. Not sure which Enterpise episode I like, liked the series, but not one that comes to mind, and maybe a wasted opportunity gone begging too.

Comment

Re: Star Trek

i prefer the old series for the simply reason they didn`t have the special effects and cgi effects like they have now, so back then they had to cast people who could act, write scripts that would draw in an audience, and create effects using their imagination and find a way to make them work, check out the episode called spectre of the gun, great acting lets see the next lot try and match that, although i would like to see a new series with the people from the latest star trek movie, since they changed history, they could easily redo the series and even cross over into tng, ds9 or voyager terriority, and i would love to know what job r2d2 did in the federation, who else saw it in the latest star trek movie.

Comment

Originally posted by flipper33 View Post
                    ...I would like to see a new series with the people from the latest star trek movie, since they changed history, they could easily redo the series and even cross over into tng, ds9 or voyager terriority...
                    On the radio today, someone was doing a revue of the latest movie and they said that because of what happened, Star Trek could go anywhere now. But I've yet to see the film, so I'm intrigued as to what they mean!

My favourite is STNG with Voyager a close second. I'm so-so about DS9 and Enterprise.

As for the original series - (and being aware we are not really supposed to be talking about current Star Trek on this thread) - I have wonderful memories of sitting in our front room in the seventies and watching Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty and the rest. My Dad, especially, was a big fan. Watching the episodes now, I find many of them as wondrous as ever, but others seem to have dated rather badly.
                    Last edited by Marine Boy; 16-11-2009, 00:49.

Comment

I don't know why but I never got addicted to Star Trek. I can't appreciate it fully.

Comment

Originally posted by Elleth Faewen View Post
                        The original Sci-Fi series. I watched every episode, and I'm still a big fan. I hated when they brought in holodecks. It was much better exploring strange new worlds every episode.
                        I agree with Elleth Faewen
                        My bothers and i used to watch the original series on BBC1 in the 70s.
                        I never really got into other series or movies.

Things i love about the original series
                        The "Red shirts" - totally expendable crew members that beamed down with the Kirk, Spock and Bones.

Bones taking the pulse on a fallen crew member and saying "He's dead Jim"

Kirk and women. No female in the galaxy is safe from James T.

God like alien that turns are to naughty child playing a game

-------------------------------------------------------------
                        here are some ST women
                        Ecofugal: Ladies of Star Trek

Ecofugal: Classic Star Trek

Star Trek episodes (Original series) considered to be the most popular and representative:

The City on the Edge of Forever
                        Devil in the Dark
                        Amok Time
                        Journey to Babel
                        Shore Leave
                        The Trouble with Tribbles
                        The Enemy Within
                        The Corbomite Maneuver
                        This Side of Paradise
                        A Piece of the Action
                        My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

yes i love the old series of star trek as well mate.
                          yes some have dated a lot but im sure you know some of the episodes are near 40 yers old.
                          but one thing i shall say is the eopisodes themswelves are as good ad ever they where.

one episode i remember is where this creature its just like a big red blob that slithers on the ground attacks spock and sort of paralyses him.
                          the first time i saw the this series i just sat there in amazement once in a while going behind the couch for cover.
                          i also like the next generation a lot./
                          after that it went downhill for me with voyager,deep spqace nine etc.

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                          On the radio today, someone was doing a revue of the latest movie and they said that because of what happened, Star Trek could go anywhere now. But I've yet to see the film, so I'm intrigued as to what they mean!

My favourite is STNG with Voyager a close second. I'm so-so about DS9 and Enterprise.

As for the original series - (and being aware we are not really supposed to be talking about current Star Trek on this thread) - I have wonderful memories of sitting in our front room in the seventies and watching Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty and the rest. My Dad, especially, was a big fan. Watching the episodes now, I find many of them as wondrous as ever, but others seem to have dated rather badly.
                          Last edited by darren; 07-04-2012, 11:41.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There's one episode where the red shirts get turned into lumps of polystyrene and stepped on.

Comment

I think the early series for me are pure nostalgia.Just the intro alone sends an excited shiver down my back.I do like voyager and the next generation but like some people here never really took to deep space nine or Enterprise.Perhaps by the time these were made the original idea had started to wear a bit thin or we had by then too much of a good thing.My only grumble Is Q.I hate that character so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X