Xmas Meanings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Meanings

Every year we get caught up in the rush and fuss and expense of Xmas. It is easy to lose sight of the joy of the season. Take a few minutes away from the chaos to answer these questions.............

1)What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Xmas?
    2)What is your favourite Xmas memory?
    3) Xmas would not be Xmas without.........?
    4)Can you recall the Xmas that Band Aid first released the song 'Do they know its Christmas?' ?
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

1. Partytime
    2. When I got a Spectrum 48K as a kid - happy days
    3. Jesus
    4. Oh aye, bought it in 1984 and again when it was re-released in 1985. The Band Aid II single released in 1989 was a poor reproduction and the Band Aid 20 single a couple of years ago was even worse.
    Last edited by SG1973; 25-11-2006, 09:54.

Comment

1)What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Xmas? Snowmen, snow, sledging on a sledge or a tray, presents fun
      2)What is your favourite Xmas memory? My family all together, or going to my Nans, like a party atmosphere
      3) Xmas would not be Xmas without.........? Seeing my kids open their presents
      4)Can you recall the Xmas that Band Aid first released the song 'Do they know its Christmas?' ? Nope

Comment

erI just realised I posted the thread but forgot my own memories

1)What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Xmas? Tinsel, snow, snowball fights, food, night shift either xmas eve or xmas day so I can be home in the day.
        2) What is your favourite Xmas memory? Seeing my kids faces when they find Santa has been.... or waking up next to Nan on Christmas morning.
        3) Xmas would not be Xmas without.........? my family and having my in laws for xmas dinner
        4)Can you recall the Xmas that Band Aid first released the song 'Do they know its Christmas?' ? Somehow couldnt face my turkey dinner that year
        sigpic
        Mrs Oggy
        ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

So we found out Momma eats her inlaws for xmas dinner, makes a change from Turkey I guess, butternut squash anyone?

Comment

1. Presents & pudding.
            2. Being brought to see Santy for the first time.
            3.see 1.
            4. '84 - my party piece at the time was a version of it in the voices of locals. Anyone I sang it for thought it was hilarious ( I knew who NOT to sing it to ...!).
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy
              So we found out Momma eats her inlaws for xmas dinner, makes a change from Turkey I guess, butternut squash anyone?
              LOL. Good one that Oggy mate

Comment

Yo Oggy.... dont forget thats your mom and dad your talking about!
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~

Comment

Omg yep, well they need feeding up, darn you've sussed my plan to eat my parents for xmas dinner, recycling and all that....

Comment

Plus we need dad to drive van for the Great Escape tomorrow, he might not be Steve McQueen but he's my hero.

Comment

Working...
                    X