Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The voices in the pickwick tell a tale series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The voices in the pickwick tell a tale series?

Hello, does anyone know who the narrators were, as well as the other people that took part in the making of the series? I did a search on it but couldn't find out any info. It would be interesting to know who did the voice of Mary in the secret garden for instance.
    Any ideas?

Re: The voices in the pickwick tell a tale series?

Hi Louisa,

Good to hear from another fan of the Pickwick Tell A Tale series! Unfortunately the only actor I can tell you is a man by the name of David Buck, who was an actor in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Google David Buck actor and you will see. I recognise the voice from the animated version of Lord of The Rings. David was the voice of Sherlock Holmes on Hound of The Baskevilles, The three Musketeers, Gullivers Travels, Treasure Island, and possibly more. I am afraid I don't know anymore. I tried to Google this same question myself but there does not appear to be any info about this. But I hope the one I supplied you starts the ball rolling!

Comment

Hello, thanks a lot for replying. I posted my question in another fred, but realised later that it wouldn't fit with that topic, so made this fred instead. Pity there isn't much info. I'll certainly read up on that one, and see if I find any more info.

Comment

Hi, if you're a fan of the pickwick horrors at all, the main narrator in Dracula, Frankenstein, the mummy and Dr Jekyll was Richard Bebb. Roger Blake also did a few bit parts, in the main horrors and a Christmas carol I think. Hope you find out more info! I'll have to read about David buck!

Comment

Hello, I've never heard any of the horor ones. But thanks for giving those names.

Comment

Hi, if you're interested in some links to listen to the horror ones or the adventure/classics/fairy tales, let me know and I can message you some pointers.

Comment

Thanks, I'll certainly do that.

Comment

New info - the narrator of Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Swiss Family Robinson and the Three Musketeers was actor John Baddeley, and did bit parts in some of the others. Always found his voice really effective and dynamic on 'Journey', and the musical accompaniment was perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X