Holiday Brochures from the 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Brochures from the 80s

I used to so dearly like mulling through these as a kid when we considered, the holiday for the year in question. It was the same with Tourist Restort Guides too - Newquay, Torquay, Southend eg. What memories they have, just like the 1970s where everything in them seemed as as real as you could hope for, not like it felt years later.

Some last time I checked went for a fortune on Ebay - may-be not the 1980s ones but older ones sure did and have rightly so become true collectors items, all through going in a Travel Agent and selecting a few brochures that are Free - amazing I hope this way of selecting a holiday never fades (hough I sense it might later in my lifetime - 40 years say), though I really hope i'm very wrong but i'm unsure. If so the internet will rule but I think that may only last for a short while as it does in other internet aspects - but it'll be a sad sad time when you think these brochures etc have lasted 50 years or more in some scenarios.

80sChav

Re: Holiday Brochures from the 80s

I didn't go abroad until I was 17 and even then it was on an ' unknown destination' cheapy thing so I never got to browse the brochures. I do remember coming home though and being amazed that a friend from college had been to the exact same hotel on holiday. I hadn't cottoned on to the world of mass marketed package holidays so at the time it seemed an incredible coincidence that she had gone to the same place out of all the destinations in the entire world! I cringe at my naivety now.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Re: Holiday Brochures from the 80s

I remember the holiday brochures from the 70's and 80's, it was like looking at a different world when flicking through the pages.......the complete opposite to nowadays where most places are so accessible.

Comment

Working...
      X