VW Camper vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Camper vans

Love to see the old vw camper vans about.Saw a nice red and cream one yesterday in Asda carpark.It had one of those hawaiian colourful things hanging from the mirror so cute,seen plenty or orange and blue ones having seen many red ones just stood out had to stop to have a look.

Re: VW Camper vans

In Beaulieu there's a classic car garage and I was passing a couple of years ago and in the showroom there was a VW camper with a trailer and it was immaculate and had obviously had some work done and modifications.

I stopped to have a look at it one morning..........it's sale price was something like £53,000 Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-shocked032.gif
Views:	6
Size:	981 Bytes
ID:	260415Click image for larger version

ID:	260415Click image for larger version

ID:	260415

Comment

Apparently VW have brought out some remakes in recent years. I only know because a friend hired one a couple of years ago and the hire firm said it was a modern version of the old classic, almost identical but with some modifications to meet today's standards. It looked identical to the vintage ones. Up until then I assumed all the ones on the road were vintage.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
        In Beaulieu there's a classic car garage and I was passing a couple of years ago and in the showroom there was a VW camper with a trailer and it was immaculate and had obviously had some work done and modifications.

I stopped to have a look at it one morning..........it's sale price was something like £53,000 [ATTACH=CONFIG]3789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3789[/ATTACH]

oh my lord what a price, a big lotto win to afford that

I also love the sound of their engines,you would probably see loads down Newquay surfing paradise

Comment

I see a few of these old VW campers knocking about Southport. There is a blue 08 Reg one i've seen (Classic shape) a few times, also quite a few from the 70's like J,K,L,P,R reg ones too.

Comment

Spotted a pale blue one today parked on the side of the road whilst watching tour de france

Comment

I spotted a 1976/7 R reg one in 60's psychedelic hippy colours driving down the road in Southport at the weekend.

Comment

http://www.freshadventures.co.uk/act...isle-of-wight/

to see these camper vans all lined up, clean and shiny is really impressive and i want one!

Comment

Have been away for a few days I spotted an old rusty van going along the seafront at Hastings on friday,also spotted an orange one that was in better shape though.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                    http://www.freshadventures.co.uk/act...isle-of-wight/

to see these camper vans all lined up, clean and shiny is really impressive and i want one!
                    Loved those vans sd I wouldnt mind one myself parked outside the house for show

Comment

The last couple of years or so, I've been on holiday down to the New Forest, and there seems to be a big boom in VW Campers around there - mainly the '70s type 2 version, though there's always a few type 1s and 3s about as well. I believe there's a place down there hiring them out for holidays. The new ones which are being built now are based on the type 2, and you can usually spot them because they have a radiator grille at the front where the spare wheel often sits on the original versions.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I work in the New Forest and I agree with what you're saying AM......there certainly seems to be a lot more VW camper vans around.

Comment

A bronze colour one passed by me yesterday loved the sound of the engine

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            A bronze colour one passed by me yesterday loved the sound of the engine
                            I spotted a 2010 10 reg classic shape VW Camper in light green yesterday in Southport.

Comment

I was following a 1972 VW Westfalia across the forest today, it had a for sale sign on the back for £17,950.

Comment

Working...
                              X