Extremely expensive cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely expensive cars

One thing which is often associated with being rich is having a very expensive car. Gary Barlow had one which cost him £75,000 but replaced it with a second-hand one because police sometimes pulled him up because they didn't realize who he was & thought he might have nicked it. Some of the world's most expensive cars even cost millions.
    Has anybody ever known anyone to have a car which cost them tens of thousands or upward?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: Extremely expensive cars

I used to wash cars for an expensive dealership when I was in my early teens. I once had to valet an XJ220. It was really hot that day, inside it was like an oven as the roof was glass. I did several expensive cars around that time, but that was probably the rarest most expensive one.

Comment

Some cars can be more expensive than what a house is worth,I wouldnt buy an expensive car if I won the lottery.Showing what you got can lead to lots of problems,jealous people could end up scratching it on purpose,I would be to afraid even to take it out shopping,but other people like to pose oh look what I got

Comment

Have noticed a few posers out and about in their open top cars,did notice a nice black sporty jag parked next to me at the traffic lights,it did make you feel just a wee little bit envious

Comment

The headmaster at one of my schools I attended obviously had private means on top of his headmasters salary as he drove a Bentley. The teachers parked their cars one end of our playground and he did too. We never actually hit his car with our football but surely he'd be worried we might.

One of my sisters boyfriends owned a Trans Am and that must have been expensive what with importing it into this country too - flash git lol
          Last edited by Twocky61; 13-08-2014, 21:18. Reason: Sisters Feller
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Went through a phase 2004-2011 of driving classic Rovers, although I was picking up P6's & SD1's for peanuts it gave me a buzz to think I was driving a machine that was way out of my league back in the mid 80's and cherished by company executives, MP's, doctors, royalty etc. Poor sods...what they had to put up with!!

Comment

I have driven a Ferrari at Silverstone which crossed 2 things off my bucket list in one go but if Im honest I was a bit disappointed with the Ferrari, wasnt as nice to drive as i thought it would be (but it was fast). I much preferred the Lotus Exige that we practiced in

as for owning an expensive car the most Ive paid is abot 10K but a friend from school who has done pretty well for himself drives a Bentley Continental and used to own a Mclaren
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

I've recently found out through word of mouth that Rolls Royces cost a quarter of a million quid. I wonder if anyone apart from Bill Gates has actually got one.
                "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

In a classic car magazine I read in a dentists waiting room, there were cars that even if you won the lottery, some of them would still not be affordable to buy. One particular one was the car actually bespokely (one off production) made for the actor Buster Keaton. I forget the make but it would have been the US equivalent to the Rolls Royce, though I do know it was not a Caddilac. It was to be auctioned with a guide price in the millions.
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                  X