Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What actor/actress/personality annoyed your parents during your youth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What actor/actress/personality annoyed your parents during your youth?

My mum could not stand the character actor, Dudley Sutton (Tinker in Lovejoy, various thugs on early 1970s tv) "Oh, not that bloke who looks like he's got a smell under his nose!". She also took against Michael Crawford for leaving his wife.

My old man is a retired applied physicist and thought Patrick Moore was a hack and that The Men From U.N.C.L.E.'s Robert Vaughan was a pompous nitwit.

And don't get him started on Jasper Carrot and Billy Connolly. 'Bloody hippies'

Loves them to bits these days. Funny that.

Re: What actor/actress/personality annoyed your parents during your youth?

My dad cannot stand Anita Harris and Una Stubbs, he simply cannot watch any TV show that features either of them. The reasons for this I do not understand and he cannot explain. I do see a kind of similarity between those two ladies though but I've never had any kind of animosity towards them. My mum doesn't like Jack Nicholson because she thinks he's "weird". I can see her point but I thinks he's a great actor.

Cheers,
    Finnthedude.

Comment

My nan babysat us sometimes when we were kids......there was a lot of tut tuting and sighing whenever Benny Hill was on.

Comment

My Dad didn't like Kenny Everett, who's style of humour wasn't to my Dad's liking.

He used to like Noel Edmonds until he started doing the Late Late Breakfast Show, at which point my Dad claims Noel's ego got the better of him.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My mum never liked Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer.
          She particularly hated Vic singing on Big Night Out.

Comment

My mam couldn't stand Bob Monkhouse and Des O'Connor for their smarmyness. She also didn't like Bruce Forsyth or Michael Barrymore and wasn't keen on Little and Large and Cannon and Ball. There were plenty others but I can't recall them right now.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Roger Moore, my mum hated him no idea why.

Comment

The Three Stooges. My mom hated them. It got to be a bit of guilty pleasure watching them on TV.

Comment

My father used to detest Kevin Rowland of Dexy's Midnight Runners, I think it when he sanf Because of You the theme tune to Brush Strokes, short tongued so and so or something similar he referred to him as.

He also detested Tony Blair long before he came became Labour leader for his out and out smarminess.
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

my dad could not stand gregor fisher from rab c nesbitt.
                    he could stand the name gregor and could not understand him.

always makes me titter how he reacted when he saw him.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My mum hated Rik Mayall, all manner of things she would call him. To this day though he is still one of my heroes and at the same time always seems like a totally nice bloke, no airs and graces at all. I don't care what you say, when you discover the greatness of Bottom at the young age I did it is instantly the funniest thing ever seen. Still a great show even now.

Add another one for Vic and Bob. Actually, anyone off Shooting Stars, she hates everything to do with Shooting Stars and especially Ulrika Johnson. I miss Mark Lamarr though, another one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post
                        My dad cannot stand Anita Harris and Una Stubbs, he simply cannot watch any TV show that features either of them. The reasons for this I do not understand and he cannot explain.
                        I can't remember what my parents hated but I'd defo back anyone who disliked Una Stubbs. I seriously hated that Worzel Gummage show and her in it. In fact the whole show gave me the creeps and not just the fact that these mannequins came to life. I mean absolutely everything about it creeped me out (the rural setting, the accents, dialogue, music, clothing, whatever era it was set in, the snobbish attitude of the Stubbs doll, the fact that Worzel seemed to be more of a conman/lech than someone I should have any interest in).

I had pretty much leave the room any time it was on. The whole show was horrible imho but Stubb's was reason #1.

Comment

my mum and dad didnt like most actors una stubbs in worzel gumage prob the worst for them lol
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                            my mum and dad didnt like most actors una stubbs in worzel gumage prob the worst for them lol
                            Poor old Una Stubbs, my mother couldn't stand her either, or Lionel Blair on Give Us A Clue. She also couldn't abide Cilla Black or Julie Andrews and couldn't watch It's a Knockout without mentioning her dislike of Stewart Hall (perhaps she was on to something there).
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

My mother could not stand Colin Crompton, the Chairman on Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club. She always said he was like a drip.
                              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                              X