90's retro grunge band exploits 70's fad in new video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's retro grunge band exploits 70's fad in new video

Who still remembers the craze for public streaking that was quite popular in the 70's, and inspired Ray Stevens' No.1 hit "The Streak" in 1974? Well, it's far from being dead as Brisbane grunge band Violent Soho recently enlisted me to streak through the streets of Brisbane on a bike and promoting a dummy World Naked Bike Ride to various punters by handing out posters and sticking them up on bus-stops and public noticeboards. If you still like bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, The Pixies, Weezer and Mudhoney then you'll love Violent Soho. I have been a nudist since 1990 and in 2002 first went public with it when I marched in the Brisbane GBLT Pride Parade wearing only my Doc Marten boots, a cap, a jockstrap and some Californian love-beads waving a placard saying "Gay, Queer, Nude Pride. Equal Rights! Nothing To Hide!" Since then I have been organising the annual World Naked Bike Ride in Brisbane starting in 2007 and the band decided to capitalise on it as they were fans of me. You can see the video at http://mushroom.com/new-music and 90's music fans will remember the Mushroom label had a few No.1 hits in the UK with Peter Andre and some Top 40 hits with Garbage. In Australia, Mushroom's parent company Festival Records was making a severe loss in the early 00's and in 2005 it got bought out by Warner Music with Kylie Minogue, Gabriella Cilmi and Eskimo Joe being the last few artists to use it before it folded up. The company's founder Michael Gudinski decided to hand the label over to his son to manage and it is now a part of the Universal Music Group, so the single and album "Hungry Ghost" will be very easy to purchase. Oh and btw: the video is totally safe for work unless your boss finds half-formed man-boobs offensive! ;-)
Working...
X