Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello folks, 1963 vintage male from Nottingham. I am well involved with the Stockcar Racing scene (hence the handle) as fan and mechanic. I also enjoy Banger Racing as a fan. I like the old stuff from TV and toys etc and I discovered this site purely by accident looking for something in Google. I have lots of collectable stuff from my past that I have had from new (probably worth a few bob nowdays) and I sometimes look about for old stuff I had/would liked to have owened on the internet.

I other words i'm a hoarder lol
    sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Howdy doody welcome aboard.

Comment

Hi mate...

Thats cool, nice to meet you..;0)

Rab ;0)

Fife
      Scotland

Comment

Howdy!

Howdy Stockcarfan! Welcome aboard the good ship DoYouRemember!

1972 vintage lay-dee from London here! I have been addicted to this site since I discovered it a few months ago. The people are lovely and the site is so very detailed, especially in terms of TV shows - far better than TV Cream!

My nostalgia faves are Sapphire & Steel, Tales of the Unexpected and Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense. I like the creepy stuff as you can see! Also Bagpuss, Bod and Mr Benn.

So what old stuff are you hoarding? I'd advise hanging onto it for now especially anything which is still in it's box. Do tell what you've got, am very interested/nosy!

~Smee_1972

Comment

hi stock car fan ,
          just wondering , did you ever race in aldershot at the old spedeworth stadium .

Comment

Hi Smee.

What do I have well....

In this room a 1976 Raleigh Chopper MK2 VGC. I have Matchbox Cascade game still boxed, Action Man (70's) still boxed, First ever issue of Tune-in magazine featuring Debbie Harry and also inside is an avert for a Betamax video recorder (huge thing lol), Signed by Jon Pertwee Dr Who annual 1973, Daily Girls poster mags Samantha Fox from mid 80's all 7 of those, Sam Fox fan Club stuff and a Sam Fox signed book, Several sets of Top Trumps 70's, Etch-a-Sketch boxed origonal, Hotel 1976 board game, Telly tennis the old video game (colour version still works), Lots of Stockcar Racing stuff (valuable in the stockcar racing world) including two aerofoils lol, Some other stuff that I ain't going to mention as it's embarracing but will be worth a few bob in the future.

Hi Steve E.

I don't race myself only mechanic although I might hire a car next season for a one off! Aldershot was before I discovered Stockcars but a couple of mates of mine raced bangers there some years ago.

Comment

You were in the Sam Fox fanclub, Stockcarfan ( I think we all were, unofficially ) ? Good onya & welcome to DYR.
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan
                You were in the Sam Fox fanclub, Stockcarfan ( I think we all were, unofficially ) ? Good onya & welcome to DYR.
                Yes my membership number was 1914, I still have the newsletters etc..

Comment

Hey Stockcarfan,

Wow, you have a lot of decent stuff! I'm glad you have so much boxed stuff, that's what may be worth a bob or two but hang onto them for now if you can. Check out ebay to see if there's anything similar for sale.

*can't help but wonder what the embarrassing stuff is?* LOL

~Smee_1972

Comment

Originally posted by Smee_1972
                    Hey Stockcarfan,
                    *can't help but wonder what the embarrassing stuff is?* LOL
                    ~Smee_1972
                    There were five origonally then four now they are no more.

Comment

H'mmmmmmmmmm..........now you have got me thinking!!!

~Smee_1972

Comment

Re: Hello

Stockcarfan

Who do you mechanic for?

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
                        Hi Smee.

What do I have well....

In this room a 1976 Raleigh Chopper MK2 VGC. I have Matchbox Cascade game still boxed, Action Man (70's) still boxed, First ever issue of Tune-in magazine featuring Debbie Harry and also inside is an avert for a Betamax video recorder (huge thing lol), Signed by Jon Pertwee Dr Who annual 1973, Daily Girls poster mags Samantha Fox from mid 80's all 7 of those, Sam Fox fan Club stuff and a Sam Fox signed book, Several sets of Top Trumps 70's, Etch-a-Sketch boxed origonal, Hotel 1976 board game, Telly tennis the old video game (colour version still works), Lots of Stockcar Racing stuff (valuable in the stockcar racing world) including two aerofoils lol, Some other stuff that I ain't going to mention as it's embarracing but will be worth a few bob in the future.

Hi Steve E.

I don't race myself only mechanic although I might hire a car next season for a one off! Aldershot was before I discovered Stockcars but a couple of mates of mine raced bangers there some years ago.

Comment

When he gets back out on track to start his 07 season it will be Russell Cooper 415. April kings Lynn is his now target first meeting as engine not back yet.:cry: Also i can be found hanging around/hindering team 74 F1.

Comment

I had a feeling I Knew who you were, but that has just confirmed it. A Regular on Stoxnet.

Comment

Hi and welcome!!

Your 1976 Raleigh Chopper MK2, wasn't the one where if you turned the pedals backwards, they acted as brakes?? Only rode one a few times, gave up after coming off a few times because I couldn't get use to the Brake System

Anyway enjoy!!

carolyn

Comment

Working...
                              X