Jaki Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaki Graham

Does anyone have any recollections of this woman's musical career?
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Re: Jaki Graham

The Radio 2 DJ Tony Blackburn said she should have been a bigger star than she was. I can see why he should say that.
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

She had some great tunes.. Mated & Could it be I'm falling in Love (with David Grant), Round & Around, Set Me Free, Heaven Knows..
      Blackburn was right, she should have been bigger

Comment

Didn't she also do a version of Where Is The Love with with David Grant?

A few couples have done a cover of this song, Mica Paris & Will Downing being one.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Always loved her, she sang some really good upbeat songs.
          She was quite big anyway.....but yes maybe she could of got bigger.....not sure why she didn't.....I mean she didn't have the look of Kylie Minogue but she had some pipes on her and always got me tapping my toe.
          Loved the campiness of this too.

ps...Nearly as good as Random Acces Memories by Daft Punk.
          Last edited by Romany Jones.; 08-08-2013, 10:56.

Comment

Where is the love was by mica Paris and will downing I think

Comment

I remember buying the single 'Step Right Up'. I still love that one.
              That was the only one I knew, until I bought a couple of compilation LP's that featured the David Grant duets 'Mated' and 'Could it Be I'm Falling In Love'.

As for 'Set Me Free', I'm more familiar with Jermaine Stewarts cover version, although I didn't know it was a cover at the time - I thought it was his own original. Great song, by either singer.

I like 'Still In Love' by Vanessa Williams, which I think was originally by Jaki too ?

Comment

Working...
              X