Emil and the Detectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emil and the Detectives

I got a flyer through my door yesterday my for my local theatre and saw they had a stage version of this on.

Does anyone remember reading this book as a child? I must have read it several times from the library at junior school.

Emil gets his money stolen on a train but manages to track the thief down and get the money back with the help of some children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_and_the_Detectives
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Emil and the Detectives

I remember it being read on Jackanory once.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That was one of my favourite stories as a kid. I didn't get around to actually reading the book, but we had a German supply teacher that took our class for a whole month and she read the book out loud to us as we sat around in a big circle. She even taught us a little German as well and it was a sad day when our regular teacher(who was a real cow of a woman) came back.

Comment

While I can vaguely remember this, I can recall only a little more that there was a series of books that were a pastiche on this which were very funny about a book of mental unruly schoolkids who got into scrapes and I'm damned if I can think iof any of the titles and they were in the same vein as the above of:

Name and the thing

Comment

Working...
        X