Monsters/ Myths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters/ Myths

Been searching for this book for years now, can't recall the title but it was a paperback with I think a yellow cover it was mostly text but each entry had a black and white line drawing of the relevant monster. it coverd all the usual subjects Vampires, Werewolves ect but also coverd lesser known things such as the Kraken, Hedra and Cerberus, i remember the Werewolf was Curse of the Werewolf style standing in front of what looked like Big Ben. this is one of my stongest childhood memories it had to be orderd especialy, i recall my mum collecting it for me from the local bookshop in the pooring rain any help in tracking down this treasured memory would be much apprieciated thank you.

Re: Monsters/ Myths

Originally posted by sweep View Post
    Been searching for this book for years now, can't recall the title but it was a paperback with I think a yellow cover it was mostly text but each entry had a black and white line drawing of the relevant monster. it coverd all the usual subjects Vampires, Werewolves ect but also coverd lesser known things such as the Kraken, Hedra and Cerberus, i remember the Werewolf was Curse of the Werewolf style standing in front of what looked like Big Ben. this is one of my stongest childhood memories it had to be orderd especialy, i recall my mum collecting it for me from the local bookshop in the pooring rain any help in tracking down this treasured memory would be much apprieciated thank you.
    It didn't have a Cyclops on the front by any chance did it?

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
      It didn't have a Cyclops on the front by any chance did it?
      Cant remember the picture on the cover but fairly sure Cyclops was one of the subjects covered so could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by sweep View Post
        Cant remember the picture on the cover but fairly sure Cyclops was one of the subjects covered so could have been.
        The one I'm thinking of what just called 'Monsters'. I'm sure it had a Cyclops on the front, but I think it might have been a purple background.

I think it was published by Ushborne, but I can't find it when googling.

Probably a long shot it's the same as the one you are looking for anyway. I would have bought mine sometime in the late 70s I think. I remember getting it from a store called Hillards.

That brings back more memories - I think Tesco bought them up sometime in the 80s.

Comment

Mine would have been around 74/75 so later editions could have had a change of cover, anyway you have given me something to go on so thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X