Game and Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game and Watch

I doubt there's anyone here who can honestly say they never had a game and watch. My personal fave was manhole or the double screen donkey kong

What one's did you all have?

Donkey Kong for me...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I had one called "apple" in which you had to catch apples that flew off a tree. Then, every so often a bird would swoop down and you had to avoid being pecked.

Also had the double-screen donkey kong one, the double-screen Mickey, Donald and Goofy fire extinguisher one.

I saw a kong one in Gamestation last weekend selling for about £20.

Comment

i had one which had a strange looking thing in it, and it had to get through a maze without getting squashed by the moving walls, havent a clue what is what called though
        sigpic

Comment

Game and Watch

Oh yes, we had quite a few in our house over the years.
          Mini munchman, Crazy kong, Snoopy tennis... The list goes on.

I even bought the first two on ebay recently for under a tenner each, but there must be something wrong with mini munchman as you can't get off level 1 even though you have eaten everything!

I must find a life one of these days.

Comment

I had one, It was "Popeye". You had to catch the stuff Olive was throwing at you, with getting knocked by Bruto

Comment

Originally posted by bumblelady
              i had one which had a strange looking thing in it, and it had to get through a maze without getting squashed by the moving walls, havent a clue what is what called though
              I think it was called Squish!

I remember buying it for a girlfriend, probably with the subconcious idea that she'd be bored with it and I'd get to play it. That never worked.

I had the Zelda one. Love to have them again but it's a top collectors market now and good condition ones go for a pretty penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Olliegee
                ... there must be something wrong with mini munchman as you can't get off level 1 even though you have eaten everything!
                I used to have mini munchman, it was class although there is a route that if you do it fast enough you will never lose a life and therefore complete teh game....as for your problem, are you sure you ate all the fruit, bear in mind there are hidden fruit under the two bridges!

Comment

Were these games built into wrist-worn watches ?
                  Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

No Aidan, they were called Game & Watch, but they were in effect a little handheld video game on an LCD screen, which just happened to have a clock built in (I doubt any kids used them as clocks anyway).

I was never lucky enough to own one of these games. I had to play the ones my friends brought into school, or try them out at WH Smith (who used to have one of each game nailed down to a display for people to try, it was like having an arcade in a book store).

I played Donkey Kong 2-screen, Fireman one (bouncing people on a stretcher as they jumped out of the burning building), Octopus one (deep sea diver must grab the treasure and avoid the tentacles), Snoopy Tennis, Mickey Mouse's Egg Catch, Mario Bros.. that's all the ones I can remember for now.
                    Last edited by armchair_scouse; 13-12-2006, 09:16.
                    Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Oil panic!

Comment

Re: Game and Watch

Have got Crazy Kong still boxed with all pamphlets included and origional batteries! Cant understand why it was called that because it was based around a Haunted House!!

Comment

I had a juggling game. That was pretty cool. Recently I bought a keyring game and watch from ebay - Parachute! I think my fingers must be slowing down as I could only just get over 100!
                          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

The jugging one can be played here http://www.brianapps.net/tossup/
                            You can download simulators for lots of them here http://www.emuunlim.com/handheld/ and also lots of other handheld/tabletop games (Astro Wars anyone) here http://www.madrigaldesign.it/sim/index.php

I still have my boxed (1982) Nintendo Donkey Kong G&W at home.

Comment

Thanks Mulletino! Just downloaded a few of the G&W Simulators - really good! Brings back good memories.
                              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Working...
                              X